Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 11:28 PM

82 posts, read 199,787 times

Advertisements

I eat at Chandler's Deli on Magnolia at least once a week; I live nearby and it's not much more expensive than fast food. The difference being that it's really, really awesome. It's basically soulfood, country cookin', whatever you wanna call it served in a cafeteria line so you get it fast. They do it like you're supposed to do it too, everything is fried in lard, and lord only knows where they found chickens that hefty. I've been meaning to try everything, but I wind up getting collard greens and mac n cheese every time. I will warn you, however, that it nearly always results in the "itis", and you should make sure you don't have to do anything for a while, because it will probably render you completely immobile for at least an hour or two.

Last edited by JMT; 02-08-2012 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: Removed quote of post which has been deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 03:57 AM

108 posts, read 197,618 times
I appreciate all the suggestions. So please, keep them coming. I will be eating a lot of meals out and will be covering a wide range of the area surrounding Knoxville.

I will be going to Maryville, but will have to pass on the Mickey and Cpt. D's though

Ohhh, and don't forget places for breakfast as well.

Thanks all.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:39 AM

84 posts, read 176,704 times
Lemon Grass in Maryville (I think) has better sushi than Nama. Tomato Head, Aubrey's, Foothills Milling Company if you want something expensive and one of a kind in Maryville

Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 AM

11 posts, read 44,611 times
This thread is so helpful! On my recent trip to Knoxville I tried Cafe 4 and I would definitely suggest everyone to try it! I saw Tomato Head and wish I would have tried it now. I'll be back to visit my daughter soon and look forward to trying all these places.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 AM

619 posts, read 1,608,088 times
Fountain City Creamery right off Boradway by the duck pond in Fountain City.. great burgers, sweet potato fries... Then, go across the street to Litions and try their hamburger and get a piece of red velvet cake and swing it by my place!! lol..

Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,112,648 times
I'm no longer a fan of Litton's burgers. They are using pre-fab ones. Blech. However, they have fantastic scallops, directly off the boat in Boston and from Georges Bank. It doesn't get any better than that. They have a lot of other good food, too, such as the pork chops or chicken salad.

The Creamery has an excellent chopped salad and the ice cream is excellent. I always tell people to grab a cone and walk across the street to the park. It's a wonderful experience.

I cannot say enough good things about Coolato Gelato on Gay Street downtown but there are lots of other great places on Market Square as well.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:11 PM

27 posts, read 59,006 times
Altrudas, Lakeside Tavern, Bravos, for lunch Sam & Andys on kingston pk, O'Conors,

Old 02-08-2012, 06:44 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,016,910 times
When we visited Knoxville our favorite breakfast was Pete's (Diner?Cafe?). Not open on weekends, though

Old 02-08-2012, 08:33 PM

213 posts, read 548,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nALgirl View Post
When we visited Knoxville our favorite breakfast was Pete's (Diner?Cafe?). Not open on weekends, though
Pete's is now open on Saturdays for breakfast

Old 02-09-2012, 07:44 AM

610 posts, read 1,618,300 times
Lakeside Tavern supposedly has a mean brunch on the weekends-never had it, but love their dinner.
I remember going to Litton's when they had a location at Downtown West when I was young, I LOVED those burgers. Sad they're not as quality anymore...
Maryville, you say? Sweet P's BBQ was featured in Man vs. Food and hubby loves it. Sweet P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville