Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 05:00 AM

17 posts, read 70,666 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever heard of Moose Creek Crossings Cabin Rental Company?

My family and I are planning a summer vacation and was thinking about using this company. However, I can not seem to find any reviews on the company or the cabins. It states it is Christian Owned and Operated. There prices were economical vs. some other cabin companies but I was unsure if that meant the quality of the cabins was poor We have small children (including a toddler) running around and cleanliness is very important to us.

Please let me know if the area is decent/nice (3240 Wears Valley Road
Sevierville, TN 37862
). We are looking for some authentic mountain views but also some flat land so that the kids can play outside. We are an African American family of 5 who have never visited the area and want to be sure it is safe and kid friendly.

Also, does anyone know how far it is from Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge area. We want to visit the Deer Farm Exotic Petting Zoo and perhaps Dollywood while there. Any other tips or places to visit or eat would be great!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:11 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
That address is for the rental office. Where the actual cabin is located is anyone's guess. Rental outfits don't like to give out that information, unfortunately.

There are hundreds and hundreds of rentals and lots of businesses that rent them out. You might want to check with Trip Advisor for any information regarding them. As far as the view, how flat the land is, how far from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg I would say to call the rental management company and ask. That's probably going to be your best bet, unfortunately.

Dollywood is great for little ones. It has some interesting rides, shows, shops and very pretty landscaping. It's not Disney and it's not an amusement park with tons and tons of rides. It's very unique.

I haven't been to that petting zoo but I had a friend who went and really liked it. Also try to take in the national park. It's beautiful and there are a lot of easy hikes, walks to waterfalls, etc.

The area is very touristy.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:37 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,299,067 times
The area in and around Gatlinburg IS IN THE MOUNTAINS!!! Just about every cabin is in the mountains. Some of the areas are very steep, and the only flat area around the cabin is where you park your car.

Like Hik said, there are tons of cabin rental places around. All of them will have a map showing where the cabins are. Many times the rental office is nowhere near the cabins (like in Townsend), other times, they are on site. You will just have to do a little homework and find one that looks good to you.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM

135 posts, read 293,437 times
Wears Valley Road is Pigeon Forge, not Sevierville. So you would be in town. Wears Valley Road are the mountains period! That leads up towards Jones Cove or whichever mountain is it. I dunno. But you take that road and leads you to the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. Traffic is bad on that road because that is one of the main entrances into town that tourist take in. So be prepared for that. Gatlinburg from there would be a good 30 minutes if not longer (depending on what is it town and how bad the traffic is). Actually at the end of the road is a place called The Track. Has go karts and other kiddie stuff to do. You can always check that out for the kids and it is a short drive. The petting zoo is ok. Not the greatest like the one in Knoxville but doable. And of course Dollywood... it's pricey so know that ahead of time. If you go after 3 you can get in for free the next day. Unless they did away with that. Great place for kids. Country Fair is the area you want to take the kids. That is all the kiddie rides. Have fun!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCarol5 View Post
Wears Valley Road is Pigeon Forge, not Sevierville. So you would be in town. Wears Valley Road are the mountains period! That leads up towards Jones Cove or whichever mountain is it. I dunno. But you take that road and leads you to the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. Traffic is bad on that road because that is one of the main entrances into town that tourist take in. So be prepared for that. Gatlinburg from there would be a good 30 minutes if not longer (depending on what is it town and how bad the traffic is). Actually at the end of the road is a place called The Track. Has go karts and other kiddie stuff to do. You can always check that out for the kids and it is a short drive. The petting zoo is ok. Not the greatest like the one in Knoxville but doable. And of course Dollywood... it's pricey so know that ahead of time. If you go after 3 you can get in for free the next day. Unless they did away with that. Great place for kids. Country Fair is the area you want to take the kids. That is all the kiddie rides. Have fun!
That address is not the cabin. It's the rental office. The cabin could be anywhere, unfortunately.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:45 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,783,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom3 View Post
Has anyone ever heard of Moose Creek Crossings Cabin Rental Company?

My family and I are planning a summer vacation and was thinking about using this company. However, I can not seem to find any reviews on the company or the cabins. It states it is Christian Owned and Operated. There prices were economical vs. some other cabin companies but I was unsure if that meant the quality of the cabins was poor We have small children (including a toddler) running around and cleanliness is very important to us.

Please let me know if the area is decent/nice (3240 Wears Valley Road
Sevierville, TN 37862
). We are looking for some authentic mountain views but also some flat land so that the kids can play outside. We are an African American family of 5 who have never visited the area and want to be sure it is safe and kid friendly.

Also, does anyone know how far it is from Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge area. We want to visit the Deer Farm Exotic Petting Zoo and perhaps Dollywood while there. Any other tips or places to visit or eat would be great!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Townsend, Dollywood and the Smoky Mountains are all pretty family oriented so your family should enjoy the stay. As has been pointed out the address is on a main road and is just the rental office. The company seems to rent out or manage about 30 or so homes in and around the area.

The cabins and houses the company oversees are all in the mountains and from the looks of the offerings they are all on typical mountain side property which means outside of the home and the driveway everything else is not level. It sounds like what you want is something not in the mountains if you want flat play areas. You might ask the company if they have cabins in the valley with views of the mountains rather than the usual view from the mountains.

It would be impossible to tell how far your drive would be to the attractions but since Wears Valley is popular with many who vacation in the mountains and go to all the attractions I would assume it isn't a really long drive away. By the same token there will be a lot of traffic on some roads since it is a tourist destination.

According to the Trip Advisor reviews the cabins and houses are well kept and clean. You'll find must locals don't know about the cabins. Since they live close enough to have no need to rent a place as a tourist.

Moose Creek Crossing Cabin Rentals - Gatlinburg Forum - TripAdvisor

I hope you and your family have a good time.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM

345 posts, read 922,086 times
I've seen this companies cabins, but like others suggested they are pretty much all over the place.

Before we moved here we wanted to rent a cabin and found a place online that we felt comfortable with, as we had seen their rentals in areas we had stayed in. I called the rental company and just asked the street addresses to a few places we were interested in. I then searched them online and found one we liked. However, know this...if these are rentals they may not have a "physical" address. The company can provide the street name but not an actual "house" number. If they aren't a permanant residence they don't have a mailbox, or mail delivery, so no address.

Like J&Em said, most of us who live here don't rent cabins.

I wish I could offer you more assistance, but without an address, their cabins could be just about anywhere. Most people who "own" cabins work out a contract with the rental companies and let them do the rental work. Their cabins could spread far and wide.

I hope you have a great time on your vacation. You had mentioned the exotic pet place. There are two in the area that I know of. One is in Sevierville, it's called Rainforest Adventures. One is in Strawberry Plains, which is in northern Sevier County, called Circle G Ranch. I know Circle G has camel rides and you can drive your car thru the wildlife area and feed the zebra, emu's, etc. It's kind of neat for kids.

Hope this helps. Have a safe and fun time on your visit! Thanks for choosing Sevier County to spend your vacation. We appreciate it!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,208 times
Best place to stay ???? We are takin my mother for her 60tbday an want it to be really nice for her as well as the children plz help goin march thus year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville