U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 01:10 PM

56 posts, read 140,033 times

Advertisements

Hi,

DH and I will be in Gatlinburg beginning of August and are looking for something to do on a Tuesday throughout the day. Either an all-day activity or morning activity then lunch and another activity. I looked at the attractions but I am not sure how many of them will keep kids entertained. We are going with three other couples and between them there are five kids (two 3-yearolds, two 1-yearolds, and one 1.5 year old).

I would love some suggestions since I don't have kids and don't know what would be fun for kids those ages and I have never been to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. It should ideally be inside since it will most likely be rather hot beginning of August. If the weather goes back up to over 100 like it was about a week ago we don't want to be outside.

Thanks,
~k
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 01:47 PM

22,583 posts, read 51,610,406 times
That was record-breaking heat and it was far worse in Nashville. In any event you can always go to the water park at Dollywood. The kids might like the Titanic exhibit as well as Wonderworks. Check for more great tips at Trip Advisor.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That was record-breaking heat and it was far worse in Nashville. In any event you can always go to the water park at Dollywood. The kids might like the Titanic exhibit as well as Wonderworks. Check for more great tips at Trip Advisor.
Yeah, I live in Nashville and it was awful. I considered Wonderworks but wasn't sure if the little ones would like Titanic Exhibit.

Thanks...

Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 PM

22,583 posts, read 51,610,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
Yeah, I live in Nashville and it was awful. I considered Wonderworks but wasn't sure if the little ones would like Titanic Exhibit.

Thanks...
I have a friend that does PR and one of his accounts is The Titanic exhibit. He says it is kid-friendly. I haven't been, yet. I try to stay away from the area as much as possible unless I am exploring the actual park. I also think Dollywood is very tasteful. The Titanic might not be absorbed very well by kids that young but the visuals should keep them fairly entertained and it looks interesting for the adults as well.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I have a friend that does PR and one of his accounts is The Titanic exhibit. He says it is kid-friendly. I haven't been, yet. I try to stay away from the area as much as possible unless I am exploring the actual park. I also think Dollywood is very tasteful. The Titanic might not be absorbed very well by kids that young but the visuals should keep them fairly entertained and it looks interesting for the adults as well.
Thanks...that is very helpful. I thought the 3 YO might like seeing all the displays. The 1 YO really won't be running around anyhow.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 PM

603 posts, read 2,248,781 times
While I would recommend Titanic and Wonderworks for people with kids, I don't know if kids ages 1-3 would enjoy ether one of them. I would definitely put Ripley's Aquarium on the list. Awesome aquarium! They have a moving walkway under sharks and stingrays (the longest I've ever seen) and strollers are allowed. Dollywood is an enjoyable theme park and does have lots of kid rides.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charz View Post
While I would recommend Titanic and Wonderworks for people with kids, I don't know if kids ages 1-3 would enjoy ether one of them. I would definitely put Ripley's Aquarium on the list. Awesome aquarium! They have a moving walkway under sharks and stingrays (the longest I've ever seen) and strollers are allowed. Dollywood is an enjoyable theme park and does have lots of kid rides.
Thanks...I did put the Aquarium on my list of choices. About how long does it take roughly to go through the aquarium?

Old 07-12-2012, 04:27 PM

24,389 posts, read 26,415,450 times
Here is a interactive map of Attractions in Gatlinburg. Once open look around and you can find a printable PDF Maps

Gatlinburg Attractions Map to Attractions

Old 07-12-2012, 04:30 PM

603 posts, read 2,248,781 times
It takes around 2 hours to go through the aquarium.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM

Tin Tin Man and Charz - thank you both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville