Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:38 AM

6 posts, read 8,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Nicole View Post
My husband and I went to Sevierville back in June during the weekend and it literally took us one and a half hours to get to Gatlinburg.... some of the locals that we talked to told us that it is like that during the summer months.

My question is, is it that packed during the week in the summer? My husband and I have thought about moving to Sevierville because we absolutely love it up there, but I was just wondering about how it would be during the work week.

Thanks!
Once you move here, you will find that traffic is easily by-passed by the locals short-cuts. We have been here a year and have no problem getting anywhere. Summer is a bit more hectic, but easily overcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 06:10 PM

9 posts, read 16,252 times
Hope everyone has had a safe and enjoyable 4th. My wife and I are thinking about a possible full time move to your beautiful area, we enjoy the country and the people. Let me set the stage, the more info I can give the better you can answer. We are both retired, healthy and active, and still work part time. I was raised in a small town (pop 2,500), my wife still has family in Tennessee (Parsons and Jackson area). We both moved to the Chicago area, I was transferred to Ft Myers, FL about 12 years ago (so we are use to congestion and traffic). My wife wants to be closer to her family and I just plain hate Florida. We have visited the area 3 times in the last 2 months. The issues (not in specific order) that I would appreciate your comments are as follows:
1. We are Catholic will that be a issue. 2. Safety 3. Medical services 4. Jobs, we both would like part time work to stay active (I do not drive asphalt trucks) 5. I like to donate time on a volunteer basis. We like the outdoors, hiking, fishing and horses.
Sorry, about the length of this, I wanted to get my monies worth. Thanks

Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,780,380 times
Many of these questions depend on where you are thinking of moving. Choosing a small town will give you a much different experience than in the Knoxville metro.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
I lived in Fort Myers for ten years. My husband - originally from Chicago - lived in Fort Myers for 25 years.

We've lived in Knoxville for five years and love it. Unemployment rate is much, much, much better than FM at 8 percent. Great people here. Very friendly. Moving here to Knoxville was the smartest thing we ever did.

Lots of Roman Catholic churches in the area. It is a nice diocese. Medical care is outstanding and I far cry from Lee County, which is very subpar and overcrowded. I find it to be safer here, traffic is better and the people are very polite and don't honk horns and let you into traffic. There are lots of outdoor activities and the downtown is small but larger than Fort Myers by a mile and it is being wonderfully restored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville