Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 PM

5 posts, read 15,563 times

Advertisements

Contemplating a move to Oak Ridge. I am wondering about British Woods apartments. Clean, safe? Would you recommend them? Any advice appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 AM

18 posts, read 46,029 times
The general location is the best part of Oak Ridge (Briarcliff/Emory Valley/Melton Lake) in my personal opinion and the elementary school children there are zoned for is the top rated one out of the 4 (Woodland Elem- but all are pretty good). I can't answer on cleanliness.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:28 AM

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate your response.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:34 PM

81 posts, read 105,826 times
Not sure which ones those are for sure, its been a few years since I was looking at apts in OR, just be sure to check them out (as with any place) before signing anything.

Manhattan I wouldn't recommend either. Rolling Hills and Tara Hills was just ok. Bristol Park and Centennial Village are nice, but pricey.

On the west end of Oak Ridge (down near the shooting range) there's a bunch of townhomes/duplexes that weren't too bad. Try checking craigslist for listings for TH/dups/houses for rent, I've found I've liked those better than any apt complex.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dog View Post
Contemplating a move to Oak Ridge. I am wondering about British Woods apartments. Clean, safe? Would you recommend them? Any advice appreciated.
This is Bristol Park

This is British Woods

This is Tara Hills

This is what used to be called Rarity Ridge (can't remember new name)

Emory Valley Road leads to the lake. All of the homes in that area are nice. British Woods and Tara Hills are near each other and near the lake. There's a Food Lion in walking distance. Bristol Park is up Emory Valley Rd. The 3 are in a nice neighborhood.

The rental homes in what used to be Rarity Ridge are not as near to the town of Oak Ridge where you would supermarket shop, get fast food, go to banks, etc.. OR is very big area wise and is in two counties. Rarity Ridge is practically in Kingston where as the other 3 apartment complexes are up the other end of town closer to Clinton. The formerly called Rarity Ridge homes are also in a nice area but more isolated.

No photos of the other complexes. No kids so can't tell you about schools.

You might be interested in this website (click on newcomers tab):

http://www.orcc.org/newcomers/neighborhoods.html

And you might be interested in this Living Here publication:

http://specialsections.oakridger.com...1&facing=false

Old 10-17-2012, 07:06 AM

Thanks to all for your help. I really appreciate it.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 AM

33 posts, read 70,334 times
For anyone reading this post more recently, I believe the management has changed. I've lived there about 2 months. The manager is very nice and flexible. I love their 3 bedroom townhomes but we took the 2 bedroom, trying to save money right now. One proviso, the noise from the above apartment is loud. I can hear them doing "their business" for example, gross, and them just walking across the floor is definitely heard. When they vacuum, dear Lord, don't expect any conversation to occur.

Interesting mirror image layout on the 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom on each end each with a bathroom and a door separating them from the living area. I like it.

Stay away from the apartments along the road, especially at the intersection, noisy cars, headlights flashing into your windows, garbage truck at the supermarket at 5:30 am is LOUD.

Joel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville