Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:44 AM

43 posts, read 144,234 times

Advertisements

Our granddaughter is 7-years-old...going on 21. :-)

We are moving to the Franklin/Brentwood area just about 10 minutes out of Nashville. We also are glad to be moving closer to Nashvile airport because our son and daughter-in-law also has a home in CT about an hour from NY city and we all fly in and out of Nashville a lot. They will be flying in tomorrow and meeting us up there.

Are you all moving to the Knoxville area? Knoxville is a nice area also and has really great medical facilities.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Smile Have a wonderful time with your family. Say "hello" to CT for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaye View Post
Our granddaughter is 7-years-old...going on 21. :-)

We are moving to the Franklin/Brentwood area just about 10 minutes out of Nashville. We also are glad to be moving closer to Nashvile airport because our son and daughter-in-law also has a home in CT about an hour from NY city and we all fly in and out of Nashville a lot. They will be flying in tomorrow and meeting us up there.

Are you all moving to the Knoxville area? Knoxville is a nice area also and has really great medical facilities.
Your granddaughter will be so happy to have you closer! And, you won't mind it much yourself, I bet.

We do plan on relocating to the Knoxville area. It sets us up for travel up I-81 to the northeast, I-75 to Michigan, and the airport will be handy for our Texas son and family. I am not sure where son #4 will land after he graduates from college, but I hope it is in Tennessee.

Knoxville has so much to offer for a city its size and the people and culture are second to none.

Enjoy CT. I love New England (lived in MA for a few years), but the winters are too much for my hubby.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
As the originator of this thread I will ask that this thread be closed; but not deleted altogether. Let me say though that I think that healthy debate is a good thing. However, since my intention for the original post event has past I think it's time to put this one to bed. As an aside, my son is a huge Bama fan and intends on going there to college. I have nothing against Bama; I just wanted my hometown team to win. Nothing wrong with that and nothing more than that intended.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:14 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Wink Sounds like a good idea, SmokyMtnGal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
As the originator of this thread I will ask that this thread be closed; but not deleted altogether. Let me say though that I think that healthy debate is a good thing. However, since my intention for the original post event has past I think it's time to put this one to bed. As an aside, my son is a huge Bama fan and intends on going there to college. I have nothing against Bama; I just wanted my hometown team to win. Nothing wrong with that and nothing more than that intended.
Exactly!! Well said and I think we should all agree with that SmokyMtnGal.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 AM

43 posts, read 144,234 times
I understand wanting your hometown team to win....:-)

I hope your son will love going to UA and enjoy playing there. We are looking forward to becoming a resident of TN.

By the way....I love, love Smokey Mountains!!!

Roll Tide! Go Vols!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville