Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 08:40 AM

3 posts, read 4,022 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]If there was a restaurant on Ashville Hwy in the strawberryplains area would you stop to eat there? What would you like to see there?Southern Cooking, Franchise, etc.?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 10:44 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
First of all, it is Asheville Highway.

Now that we've cleared that up, do you mean where Asheville Highway and Straw Plains Pike meet? If that is the case then I wouldn't want to go there, too far out for me. That is not a place that has a high concentration of people, very rural. I wouldn't set up a business out there. It's hard enough to run a small business as it is, let alone in a sparsely populated area. And I know from whence I speak because I ran a business in an area with probably one of the highest traffic areas in Knoxville, in one of the best socio-economic areas. Setting up a restaurant out there would be a nightmare.

If you mean where Straw Plains and I-40 intersect, there are a lot of successful restaurants in that area. I'm not sure if another one is needed but it would be a far more advantageous area than up on Asheville Highway.

If you are talking about Asheville Highway and I-40, I think a small operation near Comcast would do fairly well. There has never been much over there to serve their employees. I have no idea how long that Comcast branch will stay open. It's kind of iffy. On the other side of the highway is a fairly bad area. There are a lot of robberies in that area.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:41 AM

345 posts, read 921,991 times
Like hik said, where on Asheville Highway are you asking about?

I would have to agree that the area near I-40 and Asheville Hwy might be a good place. Currently there is a hotel there as well as a Waffle House. I've always been told by other restaurant owners that you always build a new restaurant near another place...give people a choice. If you consider the Waffle House a restaurant...

Comcast has people coming and going for most of the day, so it may do great for lunch. Offer a carry out menu and you may just have something working for you.

Of course, if you travel down Asheville Hwy just a bit further, you begin to get into 'civilization...and it turns into Magnolia Ave.

I travel that way sometimes to get on I-40 from work, so I'd consider checking something out and stopping by if there was something there. We have gone to the Waffle House for lunch before, so it's not too terribly far from my work. Fast food isn't my forte, so I prefer places like the Lunch House, Pizza Palace, etc. Being in this part of town doesn't bother me at all. Sure it's not the greatest but I have worked down here almost 5 years and never had an issue. Technically, you can add 3 years to that, as my husband works near my place of employment as well, and he's never had a problem on Magnolia. But that's just us I guess. No, it's not the nicest part of town, but we've had lunch at Chilhowee Park on a nice summer day and never had any problems....

Asheville Hwy going toward Straw Plains is out in the middle of nowhere. Yes, there's a Wendy's and a Domino's out there...and even Cardin's Drive In (YUM!!) but I wouldn't choose that area. Just too rural.
But that's my opinion....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville