Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 PM

82 posts, read 167,313 times

Advertisements

I don't know the area yet. I don't know anybody either. So I figure I will see if there are any bass fishermen here that might want to share some area info and such.

My wife and I are coming down in a few weeks to check the area out. it would be awesome if I could meet some people with common interests. And if we can get more people together for some fishing or a cookout or something....that would be great.

One more thing...how often are the lake shores dried up around there? I've been seeing a lot of pics that have me wondering. Even Google maps in satellite view.

Last edited by Bass Daddy; 06-28-2013 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 04:29 PM

396 posts, read 1,310,884 times
Default Bass fishing

Check out East Tennessee Fishing. There are a lot of regulars that post fishing reports and get together to fish at various lakes. A seemingly nice group of guys meet out on Cherokee fairly regularly.

There are also guides that will take you out on the lake of your choice. The hubs and I had the good fortune to fish with Bassmaster Elite Pro Ott Defoe a couple of years ago. He was a wealth of information on the local fishing scene as he lives in Straw Plains. We are also home to Bassmaster Elite Pros Brandon Card and David Walker. So yeah, there are bass fishermen here

LCG

Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 PM

Awesome. I joined too. Thanks!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:07 AM

345 posts, read 922,086 times
Howdy!
I'm not a bass fisherman, though I'd have to admit I would enjoy trying it....I really enjoy fishing. I come from a family of river fishermen and lake fisherman. I've never had much luck here, but then again I admit I have not given it the old college try. I have caught several small mouth on the Tennessee River though. They tend to be great fighters I must say! My great grandmother used to take us to the lake and the reservoir to fish...nothing better than a crappie cooked in a cast iron skillet...imho.
She was an avid fisherman and it was something I looked forward to doing every summer with her...fishing, cleaning and cooking...yum! Nothing better than fresh fried fish!

We enjoy Douglas Lake, though not to fish; but I can say that I have been told it's a good place to bass fish. Our old neighbor is a professional bass fisherman...now I admit, I don't know what that entails, so I apologize if I'm saying it wrong. LOL. He has a sponsorship on the side of his boat as well as his truck. I've been up at 4am and seen him leaving to go to Douglas Lake, so I'm thinking this guy is pretty serious. We used to ask him the best places on Douglas to go, and he'd happily share. He also said Cherokee was good as well. I had to laugh when we first moved into that neighborhood, he had a huge bass mailbox. I remember cracking up when I saw it and wondered who in their right mind would have one....and now I know who! LOL!

I'm sure this doesn't really help you in your question, but I thought I'd offer that Douglas does have alot of bass fisherman that I've seen. Everytime we are out on the lake we see fishermen everywhere. According to our depth finder, there are some spots that are extremely deep and some that are extremely shallow.

You may want to stop at the Bass Pro Shop at 407 and see what the guys there suggest. I know there is one gentleman that works there that has lived in the area for a long time and he knows several of the 'regular' fishermen. Perhaps he can share some insight. My husband would always ask him "what's hot on Douglas" and he'd share information. I always see him talking about fishing Douglas with other customers.

Happy fishing!

Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,388,986 times
Bass man, plenty of competition and great fisherman here and be happy to hook you up! Let me know when you expect to be in town.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:34 PM

79 posts, read 121,145 times
Bass Man I saw your other threads and expect you will like the fishing in the area. The upper "lakes" on the TN river system are not really lakes but more correctly called reservoirs. They experience a yearly draw down to make room for the spring rains and therefore give an even and controllable flow to the down river lakes which are more level stable. Most of the bodies of water will have some features unique to them and some will excel at producing different fisheries.

When you get here vista local mom and pops tackle stores and hang out a bit listening but not over pryng into their local secret fishing holes. Cherokee and Douglas are better bass lakes that Norris but Norris has a better striper population. We have trout in the Smokies and tail waters also. TN is about huntin and fishin.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM

9,469 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Tons of fishing of all kinds here. Norris, Cherokee, Douglas, Watts bar so many choices for bass fishing. I wish I had more time for fishing, so much of it around here.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:02 PM

Thanks. I found a better site called Tennessee Anglers. Seems that East Tennessee Fishing site was bought out by a Canadian company and has went downhill ever since. Members from there are starting to move over to that new Tennessee Anglers site now.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:22 PM

396 posts, read 1,310,884 times
Default New site

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been following along lately but I'll go check out the new site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville