Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 06:22 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn SR View Post
Thank you fallfanatic for this picture I LOVED IT!!!!! (The doggie swinging in the hammock) How are you doing?
FF--I'd like to add 'thanks' for the swingin' doggie picture. You can tell those of us who are pet lovers.

Em--Thanks for the weather report. That's some 'wunderful' news!

Gailli--It's okay to post another grandbaby pic. He's beginning to grow with each photo. And, glad to hear DD is doing well, too.

ksurvivor--Your message to all is uplifting for those who are not either permanent residents and those who are in the relocation mode. Wish I had just a few of your organizational skills!

TnSr--So good to hear you are able to again walk on the gimpy foot. Each day will get much better, I know from experience.

Mysticfire--Thanks for sharing the pitfall of real estate purchases. We all can learn or relearn from your trials and tribulations. Keep the spirit and the faith!

Gem--thanks for your caring sentiments regarding Fay. I feel sorry for residents in those towns who pumped water from one area to another subdivision and caused more flooding--to folks who were not in a flood prone area. Isn't that a kick in the pants? Gustav isn't coming this way thank goodness.

But as I write this, the thunder is a rolling! Lest we forget what rain looks like.

Pam&Bill--Trust me I'm following your story. Just back at school and have lost my 'free' time to lurk. We're pulling for a quick return for you two to God's country.

Bones--Sending healing wishes your way!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:35 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Suzanne, that is sad that people would purposely flood their neighbors' properties to bale out their own. Everyone is in the same sorry state; why make it worse?

I am glad that you all are safe. Wet, but safe. Have a good year at school and check in when you can. It's always nice to hear from a future neighbor!

Gailli, I think SMG is right! The grandbaby looks about an ounce heavier today!! What a happy Mom and baby. Lovely picture.

TennSr, it is good to hear that you are on the mend. Take your time and be well and safe. We are all thinking about you and wish you a quick, easy recovery.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:39 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Gailli - what a healthy looking baby and proud mom. Is your daughter a nurse?

Hope everyone under the weather gets feeling better soon.
No, she isnt a nurse, but she is married to a Doctor, she used to be a Deputy Sheriff until she married 2 yrs ago, she also has an 18 yr old daughter and a 14 yr old son, this is his first baby though and he is 46, she is 36.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 AM

49 posts, read 146,646 times
Gem to answer your question, yes I am. It is what I do for a career, not who I am. I hope that doesn't get me tossed outta here.
My sister is in DC in politics, my brother is an attorney I guess I just fill out the family. he he

Mystic I know it's a lot but you will get thru it and the moment after you close everything will be worth it.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:45 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Hey Hey Knoxville! Are you all getting the rain from Fay yet? Looked at the radar and it says we all are in for more rain, but you need it more than us in Florida, that is for sure.
Mystic-I know you will be in your new place soon and this too will all be a memory, ask Hik!
Gailli- That is a beautiful pix of the dd and dgs, you have every right to be proud!
Suzanne- Are you ready for round 2, not sure where you are here in FL. East or West?
Pam-Hang in there, soon you will be heading back home!
Tnsr-glad to hear you are up and hobbling around, be careful.
everyone else - hey there!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:29 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times
~~~~~~~~~~~ I hope you all have a very wonderful day today!!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:00 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Hi everyone!

No problem Tridad and Beachbyrd. That was the strangest order I have ever seen. Glad to fix it!

I've been busy watching the Democratic Convention, helping Lauren with her homework, enjoying the rain and getting little sleep.

I love you all! It's back to work.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn SR View Post
Thank you fallfanatic for this picture I LOVED IT!!!!! (The doggie swinging in the hammock) How are you doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
FF--I'd like to add 'thanks' for the swingin' doggie picture. You can tell those of us who are pet lovers.
Thank you both, how very sweet of y'all!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:13 AM

mysticfire...hang in there. It will all work out and as suzanne said just keep the spirit and the faith.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,904 times
Question Dh

Dr called this morning with DH Heart Scan results, he has decreased blood flow and Coronary Heart Disease, we will see the Dr on the 8th and see what they are going to do, they want to try medication first I think. Its sure scary so please keep him in your prayers, he is 8 yrs older than me and I just cant be without him, going to start him on low fat diet first thing today.

Take care, have a great day everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville