Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 07:01 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,673,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
(Okay, so I didn't tell anybody!! I am back from the cardiologist and I am going to live!! I have been passing out over the last couple of days and when we took my blood pressure this morning it was only 96/51.

It seems that a med that my new primary care just increased for me also lowers the blood pressure. Very low BP makes you pass out. Don't do that!!!

So, after the ultra-sound and EKG cleared me of all other possibilities, my cardiologist is sure that the increase in meds was the culprit and our trip on Friday is still a go!!)
Wow. That's a relief. You had your buddies on alert! Glad to hear the cardio gave you the good news.Thanks for sharing your explanation of LBP and resultant passing out spells. The word 'cardiologist' can be daunting in itself!

Have a great trip and and even better visit with son and family.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:10 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,375,194 times
I love all of the dog pics! Such beautiful animals.

Gem, glad all is well. I have had chronic low blood pressure (not medication related) my entire life. I totally understand what you are going through. I am glad that your doctor gave you a good report.

Suzanne, glad that you and all of our Florida friends are ok.

Bones, always good to read your reports.

GBH - still waiting on the gator hater shirt pic.

I cannot believe that we are past Labor Day. Time is going by much too fast for me.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 PM

661 posts, read 2,889,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Normal fee is $150. They have specials, though. Right now, as long as they are not puppies, the fee is $75 and if they are 8 and older the fee is $50. Also, if the dog is black, the fee is $50.

Here is what it includes, which is phenomenal. We paid $75.

"The adoption fee includes a spay or neuter, shots (except for rabies vaccine, which you must get at your own vet), a heartworm test for dogs and a feline leukemia test for cats, check and treatment for intestinal parasites, application of flea control, a microchip, and an exam by our Animal Center veterinarian."

We take him to the vet for the rabies shot this Friday.
Make sure the microchip company has all of your current information, including your vet and their phone number. Any time you relocate (which probably isn't likely since you just moved) be sure to update with them. Microchips are a blessing for lost pets, but the information has to be current.

I'm so glad he's settling in so quickly. And what a gorgeous facility that is!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:59 AM

811 posts, read 2,002,854 times
Wow, I missed a lot!

Gem, glad to hear they figured out what was causing the passing out! You take care of yourself!!

Hik, your puppy is so dang cute! How is he doing this morning?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,032 times
Gem, what a relief! I glad you are still able to go to Texas too, especially with Hanna on the coast. You will probably get the effects in your area, some very depressing days.

Hik so happy Harvey is gonna fit in and that the little guy is house broke for you! My son adopted a bassett/hot dog mix same color with the same name as yours, lol, it is the most distructive dog in town!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 AM

780 posts, read 1,759,110 times
Default Hello

Hi everyone:

Gem, glad all is okay, be glad once DH see's his cardiologist Monday and we get a good report hopefully. Have a great trip.

Hik, beautiful dog, I'm sure he will bring a lot of pleasure and happiness to your family as dogs usually do.

Suzanne, will see your DH for lunch tomorrow, I am keeping an eye on Ike, not looking good at this moment but lets hope he takes the path out into the Atlantic instead of to Florida.:eek

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,105,868 times
Smile What a beautiful day! Lots to do and moving fast.

Thank you, everyone, for your sweet well wishes. I, too, am relieved that I will have better control now over the low BP.

Gailli, I will be thinking of your husband come Monday. These things put our minds into places we don't like them to be, but we are not 25 anymore - are we?

Hiknapster, Harvey is probably just old enough that he understands what you want him to do and young enough that he is still very trainable. He is a sweet looking pup. You will be a happy family of 5 with him.

SMG, another LBP? You hardly ever run into folks with low BP; everyone is treating high numbers, it seems. I used to faint a lot as a teen. I guess my head grew too far off the ground much too fast. I was 5'8" when I was 12 yrs. old and what a pathetic looking skinny waif I was! I looked like a maple sapling after all the leaves had dropped.

Suzanne and Painter, it looks like Hannah is going to take most of its fury up the coast a little ways. Savannah and SC look like they will be in for the worst of it. I am happy for all of my FL friends, but worried about those still in for a bumpy ride! I hope the next storm isn't waiting at the Atlanta airport when we arrive back in GA next week.

Thanks, mystic. I plan on having a wonderful time with son, d-i-l (aka, the shopper!) and my grandson. My luggage is consumed by one pair of shorts, one pair of jeans, couple of tops, and several toy horses, one roaring NASCAR and many Fisher-Price jungle animal for his Safari Adventure! I sure hope that TSA doesn't pick my bag to check this time!
Mbmouse, you know how to stir a pot, that is for sure! You know what I mean; don't look so mystified!

Fallfanatic, thank you for all your nice messages to me and your sweet posts to welcome us everyday. Here's one just for you:

Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,531,800 times

Good Morning Everyone!!! I hope you all have a very wonderful day today!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:42 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,032 times
Fallfanatic, I don't normally comment on the animation but this has got to be one of my favorites. I happen to know someone that walks just like that! THANK YOU.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,104,290 times
I have extremely low blood pressure. It usually runs about 95/80. Since I became overweight It has gone up to 125/80, which is scary when you know my cholesterol level.

No doctor ever told me it was a big deal to have low blood pressure, but I always wondered if that was why I would be tired or dizzy.

Gem! Happy Trails!!!!!!!!! I bet you have a GREAT time!

Harvey update: He doesn't jump on people, or furniture and hesitates to go in the bedroom. He walks untethered around the yard with us. He is a dream, but I am so afraid that he is someone's dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville