Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,319,846 times

Advertisements

Congrats Mystic!
That is wonderful and glad everything has gone so well for you.
Enjoy the home and the family you will grow in it for years to come.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,783,567 times
I am so happy for you Mystic. That must have been some day. You are already pruning back bushes. My gosh, you have way too much energy! LOL

Pam, got my fingers crossed that those tools bring more than enough for you to move.

Hik... the cat rang the doorbell????? How on earth can it reach? Most cats would sit and intently stare at the doorknob until it moved to make the door open.

aquarijen good luck on your closing. A move is a move is a move, doesn't matter how far or the reason why!

Hoping you'll be right on the tails of all our other new home owners Bebette.

I'd forgotten that Gem had gone off to visit family again and wasn't back. Thanks for waking me up. LOL

Old 09-11-2008, 05:14 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarijen View Post
CONGRATULATIONS MYSTIC!!!!!!

Happy Houseowning!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!!

My Realtor called and I Finally have a date for closing, so I hope to be in your shoes (sorta - I own a house I'll be renting out - I'm downsizing and relocating to a place that "fits" me better) in 7 days. On the 19th I close on my "new" old tiny cottage. Goodbye West Knoxville! Hello South Knoxville!
Congratulations, sounds great. I live in Seymour so not far from South Knoxville, its nice and I'm sure you will be happy in your "old" new cottage.

Hik, too funny about the cat!!

Pam and Bill, keeping fingers crossed for you and that all goes good and you will be here back where you belong.

I'm so excited, I am getting Direct TV on the 24th so I will be able to watch all my Dolphin games, thought I was going to have to go sit in a sports bar but now I can watch in the comfort of my own home and I cant wait.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:45 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
We have a brick ledge right by the front door. The cat hops on it all the time. It's about two inches above the doorbell. Yesterday, a neighbor rang the doorbell. Joe-Joe was right at her feet when I went to the door.

He must have figured out that ringing the doorbell gets results. And it did. We let him in right away.

I'm glad that you will get to see your games, gailli!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:34 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,106 times
WEll, Rex is cute, but not trained by ANY means... I kinda expected it, but it upsets me that I was told that he does "so well!" I guess MMAAAAAYYYBE he is just not acclimated to his surroundings yet, but there isnt much grass here at the apartment for him to go in and he has peed on the floor three times. Gonna be a long night, lol.

Hik--that is hilarious about the kitty!

Thanks again everyone for your kind words...means a lot to me.

Pam, I hope the sale goes well! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that it all goes smoothly!

bebette, Glad to see you back!

Gailli--glad you are gonna be able to watch your shows--We decided to "save" money and just get phone and internet through at&t on a special...DH was convinced that would be a good idea--yeah...we get 1 channel at the house. LOL---now I am gonna get gouged--because we have to go with satellite or cable alone and it's gonna be expensive. AT&T's package with dish is more than cable was. Cant change the phone because I can't change the number cuz it's linked to my business. Ah well....we'll figure it out I suppose...lol

Old 09-11-2008, 06:38 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
We have a brick ledge right by the front door. The cat hops on it all the time. It's about two inches above the doorbell. Yesterday, a neighbor rang the doorbell. Joe-Joe was right at her feet when I went to the door.

He must have figured out that ringing the doorbell gets results. And it did. We let him in right away.

I'm glad that you will get to see your games, gailli!
And, whoever said that cats can't/don't think? Certainly doesn't apply to Joe-Joe! He is a wise one!!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:42 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
I'm baaaack!

Too funny about the cat, hiknapster. We have to be a little cautious when our pets start to become smarter than we are. Joe-Joe sounds like one of the most clever cats I have ever heard of, and they can be pretty resourceful.

J&Em, what do you mean you didn't notice that I wasn't back yet? I have been pretty quiet lately, I have to admit.

We had a wonderful time in Texas with our son, little grandson, and d-i-l. Most of us never get along quite the same with the spouses of our children as we do our own kids, but I am trying!! I am a little baffled that someone wouldn't help prepare meals or clean up the kitchen for your in-law visitors because they are not YOUR parents. Guess who had kitchen duty? YEP!!:co nfused: and .
SOME of it tasted okay!!!

Our grandson has grown so much and is talking up a storm. He is speaking English and Spanish, which throws Granma off sometimes when I am trying to interpret all of his 2 yr. old chatter to begin with. Tons of energy and very portable. He is able to go anywhere, anytime and for as long as necessary without any fuss. Loved him to pieces.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
And, whoever said that cats can't/don't think? Certainly doesn't apply to Joe-Joe! He is a wise one!!
Well, then I followed it through. The dang cat will probably be ringing the doorbell at 3 a.m.

I've had many cats throughout the years, but he showed up at our doorstep at probably 8-weeks-old and I could see incredible intelligence in his face. Little did I know that he just might be smarter than all the people that live here.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:44 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,899 times
~~~~~~~~Good night and very sweet dreams to you all!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM

Well, gem, you couldn't possibly have burnt her kitchen down, unless you were trying!

Maybe you intimidate her.

Think about it. It's probably true. Or she could just be lazy.

Ah well, at least you could spend time with the bi-lingual grandson, which I am sure is all worth it.

Me, I am just praying everyday that the in-laws don't show up here, which is really wearing on me. I finally had an entire month where I thought, "I am the happiest I have ever been in my life."

And we all knew that wouldn't last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville