Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 03:33 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times

Advertisements

PipersPal- Howdy and welcome.If you've been on the last month or so, accept my apologies for missing your presence and my belated wishes. East Tn. is as beautiful if not more so then the Hudson Valley of NY. I see you're from the Albany area, I moved to East Tn. from the southern Columbia county area. Bill and I have been here two years now and I consider Tn. my home. We just recently moved back from Western NC and after having lived in Tn. first we were spoiled with the friendliness of the people from Tn. NC just wasn't friendly like the folks here nor did it give me the feeling of home like Tn. first did and still does. Besides there is nothing like football season in Knoxville.....
OK, heres the PG version of the bed collapsing.......it appears that the blocks that support the rails under the bed as well as the screws that hold the rails in place are missing. So when we set the bed up sans blocks and screws, it can't hold our weight without the blocks and screws.
Now Painter I'm shocked that your thoughts went someplace else..... Bones I'd expect it from but you... never! Anyway, we got a great nights sleep on our bed even if it was resting on the floor. The air mattress is awaiting my sons arrival.....
Pam

Old 10-07-2008, 05:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
PipersPal- Howdy and welcome.If you've been on the last month or so, accept my apologies for missing your presence and my belated wishes. East Tn. is as beautiful if not more so then the Hudson Valley of NY. I see you're from the Albany area, I moved to East Tn. from the southern Columbia county area. Bill and I have been here two years now and I consider Tn. my home. We just recently moved back from Western NC and after having lived in Tn. first we were spoiled with the friendliness of the people from Tn. NC just wasn't friendly like the folks here nor did it give me the feeling of home like Tn. first did and still does. Besides there is nothing like football season in Knoxville.....
OK, heres the PG version of the bed collapsing.......it appears that the blocks that support the rails under the bed as well as the screws that hold the rails in place are missing. So when we set the bed up sans blocks and screws, it can't hold our weight without the blocks and screws.
Now Painter I'm shocked that your thoughts went someplace else..... Bones I'd expect it from but you... never! Anyway, we got a great nights sleep on our bed even if it was resting on the floor. The air mattress is awaiting my sons arrival.....
Pam
Don't feel bad, Pam. When we first moved here we camped and I slept on an air mattress. If I slept on the ground I would blow up like a balloon!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Pam and Bill, welcome home, good to see you back online and to have you back home.Sorry about the bed

Gemkeeper, so very sorry about DH's prize possession(except for you of course)I'm sure it was a sight watching a grown man cry

Bebette, have a great time at the reunion, enjoy and hurry back

J&Em, Hiknapster, aquarijen,bones, painter, and everyone else, have a great evening.
Have a great night, Gailli!

Old 10-07-2008, 06:06 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Smile Some of life's ups and downs. Most are up, thankfully!

Piperspal, you see, good things - including butterflies - come to those who wait!

I really enjoyed reading about your encounter with the butterflies au natural! We'll look forward to you showing up more often now that you are ALMOST a Tennessean - like me!!

Pam, you don't have to explain yourself to us. We like to use our imaginations and make up our own stories as we go!

MB, we're athinkin' and praying for Mom and Dad. I hope your mom's surgery goes well and she recovers quickly. My dad was so happy that he had his done years ago. He gained independence and fun back into his life.

Hik, gailli, Bones, J&Em, Painter, aquaijen, the afore mentioned and all, enjoy your evening. I am reading a wonderful book and am going to try to finish it before breaking my bed! Yeah, right, Pam!

DH had 3 auto shops look at his car today. They all agreed that it can be fixed. It needs two new tie rods, a wheel, quarter panel, fascia, wheel hub and a 3 step paint job. Good as new in about 4 weeks! Just send your sympathy and get well cards to "gemkeeper's weeper, c/o City-Data".

I sure hope the older gent in the pick-up is okay today. His insurance company hasn't heard from him. Our insurance will pay for all repairs, provide a loaner, and then, bill the other insurance company for reimbursement. Good plan.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:31 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,071,873 times
"Pam, you don't have to explain yourself to us. We like to use our imaginations and make up our own stories as we go!"

No, no, no......my mind can't take it .........

Old 10-07-2008, 07:05 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Bones, Your mind can't take it????? HeeHee pretty short trip then.
Gem- My sympathies to your DH.
Gailli- How are things going for you both?
Auntie Em- There's no place like home!
Hik- No way could I sleep on the floor! I'd never get up.
Mystic- Hows the new house?
Night all
Pam

Old 10-07-2008, 07:36 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,254 times
Pam, you made me smile tonight. I haven't been able to stay caught up much the last few days, and everyone had been getting messages and I was clumped together in the "everyone else"

Until YOU. thank you for thinking of me

The house is so much fun! We have been working in the yard, it won't be exactly how I want it until next year in the spring but it is better now than it was...inside is decorated for fall/halloween and outside TOO! Which I could never do before now...I mean, we decorated our patio at our apartment, but it's just not the same. I am having a blast! Some of the neighbors have been around, all seem like nice folks, most seem to keep to themselves. I am working tonight and will be busy getting flyers ready so that I can drive around tomorrow and drop them off at places--day cares, pediatrician offices, etc. Trying to brainstorm for other places as well.

Hope everyone has a beautiful night!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:22 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Quick note while Mom is resting comfortably. Surgery went fairly well today! YEA! She was originally scheduled for 6:45am, it got pushed to 10:30am, they finally came to get her at 2:00pm uggggg . Took about 3.5 hours, surgeon came out, said it went great, all was good...well except the knee before he took it out! hahahahha He said, it was bad and a good thing she had this done. Ok, eased up a bit knowing she is in recovery and starting to wake up from anesthesia (with the Afib, that was a big worry). Then the anesthesiologist comes down about a half hour later and said, all went well but he did have to give her quite a bit of beta blockers throughout to maintain the heart but is fine. Ok. Then he said because she could not be given the epidural, that her pain level would be very high and they can't give her to much pain meds at one time due to heart.....Yikes!
FINALLY at about 8:00pm, they bring her back to her room, a bit groggy but "With it". They have her in bed, hooked up to all kinds of pumps and such, and she is actually dozing now. All in all, so far so good, she made it through surgery, that was the biggest worry, everything else should be cake! Well except for the pain which so far she is managing well. She was even joking with me and the nurse earlier. She did ask if I would stay with her tonight but sent Dad home so I guess she is still a bit aprehensive........or good meds and wants a pajama party??? hhahahahha
Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers, they are working!
Big hugs all around.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Quick note while Mom is resting comfortably. Surgery went fairly well today! YEA! She was originally scheduled for 6:45am, it got pushed to 10:30am, they finally came to get her at 2:00pm uggggg . Took about 3.5 hours, surgeon came out, said it went great, all was good...well except the knee before he took it out! hahahahha He said, it was bad and a good thing she had this done. Ok, eased up a bit knowing she is in recovery and starting to wake up from anesthesia (with the Afib, that was a big worry). Then the anesthesiologist comes down about a half hour later and said, all went well but he did have to give her quite a bit of beta blockers throughout to maintain the heart but is fine. Ok. Then he said because she could not be given the epidural, that her pain level would be very high and they can't give her to much pain meds at one time due to heart.....Yikes!
FINALLY at about 8:00pm, they bring her back to her room, a bit groggy but "With it". They have her in bed, hooked up to all kinds of pumps and such, and she is actually dozing now. All in all, so far so good, she made it through surgery, that was the biggest worry, everything else should be cake! Well except for the pain which so far she is managing well. She was even joking with me and the nurse earlier. She did ask if I would stay with her tonight but sent Dad home so I guess she is still a bit aprehensive........or good meds and wants a pajama party??? hhahahahha
Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers, they are working!
Big hugs all around.
Good deal. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
mbmouse - glad to hear such a good report. I think you all should be wearing comfy pj's and bunny slippers! Love your moms sense of humor! Take care of yourself and all. Hugz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville