Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 10:19 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,340 times

Advertisements

hik, my sister-in-law had a fireplace w/exposed block she didn't like & covered the whole thing in stucco. When we first heard about all we could think was "yecch!!!" - her house isn't a Santa Fe style - it's more victorian/colonial. But when we saw it in person - WOW! It sort of has euro-cottage feeling & looks so warm - she trimmed it out with gorgeous turned wood. But my sis-in-law is someone who can take a pc. of junk from the curb & create a work of art. Then there's me.......I'm the one putting the junk out on the curb!

Old 11-09-2008, 04:24 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
Hik, there are several ways to reface a brick fireplace, stucco as suggested, granite, tile, rock and just paint. You could paint just the brick face and leave the mortar. You can hang sheet rock around some of it to lighten the area also, then paint to match the walls. Alot of options for you to think about.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:23 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hik, there are several ways to reface a brick fireplace, stucco as suggested, granite, tile, rock and just paint. You could paint just the brick face and leave the mortar. You can hang sheet rock around some of it to lighten the area also, then paint to match the walls. Alot of options for you to think about.
I'm sure I wasn't clear. It is all painted white, right now.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 AM

811 posts, read 2,009,520 times
Good morning, Knoxville!

Wow, yesterday was the best. Of course, there were things that we could have done at home, but we decided to take the day for us! So after I got off work yesterday morning, I ran over to the store BY MYSELF (I never go anywhere without at least 1 kiddo!) to get dogfood....when I got back home, everyone was up, dressed, fed and ready to go. We went driving through the national park....up int o cherokee...just drove and chatted and sang silly songs...lol...when we headed back toward home we stopped @ the Flying horse in PF (I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!) for lunch, came home and played our Wii for a few hours...just vegged, hung out....it was wonderful!!!

Unfortunately the only camera I had was my cell phone, but I am going to try and see if any of the pictures turned out well-if they did, I'll share!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Good morning, Knoxville!

Wow, yesterday was the best. Of course, there were things that we could have done at home, but we decided to take the day for us! So after I got off work yesterday morning, I ran over to the store BY MYSELF (I never go anywhere without at least 1 kiddo!) to get dogfood....when I got back home, everyone was up, dressed, fed and ready to go. We went driving through the national park....up int o cherokee...just drove and chatted and sang silly songs...lol...when we headed back toward home we stopped @ the Flying horse in PF (I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!) for lunch, came home and played our Wii for a few hours...just vegged, hung out....it was wonderful!!!

Unfortunately the only camera I had was my cell phone, but I am going to try and see if any of the pictures turned out well-if they did, I'll share!
Sounds like a great day!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,268 times
Hey Mysticfire, I was at Flying Horse Grill also, it is good but they did away with my favorite, the Fried Shrim, I was disappointed but found something else to eat. What time were you there, we may have crossed paths.

Went to Country Tonight, what a wonderful show it is, I highly reccommend it to all of you, they have a 12 yr old from Knoxville that will knock your socks off(if you are wearing any, lol)

Well, another week. Going to Puleo's tomorrow with friends to celebrate DH's birthday which is this Fri. I am taking him to the TN Shindig Fri night(of course my treat since locals get in for $5)

Old 11-10-2008, 07:29 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Hey Mysticfire, I was at Flying Horse Grill also, it is good but they did away with my favorite, the Fried Shrim, I was disappointed but found something else to eat. What time were you there, we may have crossed paths.

Went to Country Tonight, what a wonderful show it is, I highly reccommend it to all of you, they have a 12 yr old from Knoxville that will knock your socks off(if you are wearing any, lol)

Well, another week. Going to Puleo's tomorrow with friends to celebrate DH's birthday which is this Fri. I am taking him to the TN Shindig Fri night(of course my treat since locals get in for $5)
Gailli, hubby and I went to TN Shindig last week to see the Christmas Show and it was fantastic.......I know you'll have a wonderful time!!

We've never been to Flying Horse, but as soon as my Fox43 certificates arrive, we'll definitely be trying them out!!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,128 times
Mystic- Sometimes those days are just what you need to re charge the batteries. Life can't be all work and no play. Sounds like a great day and just what you needed! The going alone to the store was at least 1000 points!
We are having computer problems... it all started when Bill bought a game for us to play called Mass Effect Thursday afternoon. He tried to load it and it would only load so far.So it has driven him nuts since then. He has been on the phone with the games tech support, tech support tells us we don't have enough memory left on our computer to load the game. So we Defragged and dumped a ton of stuff and went and bought a memory card and vaccumed the inside of the tower out. The computer was as fast as the day I got it from Dell. So Bill tries again to download the game. I suggest that maybe, just maybe with the luck we have, the disc could be bad. So yesterday I send Bill back to Circuit City to have them test the game. That was a bad move as he comes home with a new graphics card. He installs the new graphics card and nothing. Can't get to a startup point at all.My poor computer had crashed. I'm just about in a full blown panic at this point, thinking I won't have a computer. I have no idea how I kept it together when I walked in and Bill is pulling things out of the tower and then loses 2 screws. One inside the tower and one on the floor.And the new graphics card is installed again. I'm sweetly suggesting that the computer is over 6 years old and it just can't handle all this new stuff. Put the old graphic card back in and just leave it alone so I have a computer to get online with. He agrees and I breathed a sigh of relief until I woke up at 3 a.m. and he was trying again! The new graphics card was back in.... I reminded him the textbook definition of crazy is when you try over and over again to get a different result but the result never changes..... so for now I am back online but my poor old computer is just limping along now. I can't believe how when I got this it had the best graphics at the time and the guy at Dell assured me that it had so much memory that not even my grandchildren could use it up. My kids and I were big PC gamers at the time. Which makes me feel old and left behind with all this new technology. My computer and I are becoming Dinosaurs together.
Have a great day Knoxville!
Pam

Old 11-10-2008, 08:23 AM

811 posts, read 2,009,520 times
Pam, I'm sorry about your computer
God Bless Bill for his trying over and over...
And you are NOT a Dinosaur!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:38 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Pam, I'm sorry about your computer
God Bless Bill for his trying over and over...
And you are NOT a Dinosaur!

Mystic- Well thanks but I kinda like regarding myself as a long neck, lumbering, gentle creature that could squash anyone like a bug.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville