Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2008, 05:51 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
I just talked to Suzanne and her and her DH made it here about 5:00 yesterday evening, they got a tree today and decorated it so now they are all settled in for their two week stay. We will be meeting them Tuesday for lunch.

Well, stay warm tonite everyone, get out the Down blankets, turn up the heat and cozy up to a nice warm fire(if you have one)
Gailli - thanks so much for the update! I lost Suzanne's contact numbers and wanted to phone her. Please tell her welcome home for me. I hope you stay warm as well.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,138 times
Hi All!!

Well, Hubby and I spent three days on the road and finally reached our Christmas destination on OBX!! Of course, I came down with a sinus infection and all of the misery that goes along with it, and on the days that I would have loved to just roll over and stay in bed - I'd remember I was in a hotel and had to check out by 11am and spend four hours on the road to our next destination!! I'm feeling a little better today - actually turned on the computer and opened the blinds to look out at the absolutely unbelievable view!!! We are on the 3rd floor - ocean front, and though the wind is bitter cold since the temp is only 36 today, it's sunny and I feel like I'm home!!! I miss the ocean so much, and even when it's cold - it's still beautiful!!!

Hubby went out to visit with the folks that he used to work with, and I'm here coughing and enjoying the view!! We were going to buy a small tree and decorate it, but I think I'd rather enjoy looking at the waves breaking in the ocean than look at a tree!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:26 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,106 times
Glad Suzanne is settled and Bebette, glad ya'll made your destination, hope you fell better really soon!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:26 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,268 times
BeBette,
Feel better and Merry Christmas!
Pam

Old 12-22-2008, 08:08 PM

152 posts, read 332,939 times
Bebette - I hope you feel better soon

Jen

Old 12-22-2008, 08:25 PM

152 posts, read 332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisgarber1 View Post
Newspaper headlines are what they are supposed to be....just headlines, not comprehensive outlines of a story. There are space and word limitations and the idea is to grab reader attention within those space restrictions. As an example, one of the overused words that British media uses is "row." Not much usage of dispute, disagreement, altercation, etc. in headlines or content. I was told by an Irish media editor that "row" (almost never used in this country) is used there to save space. As for content, newspaper stories generally are written for someone with a lesser amount of education (relatively speaking), and not Phi Beta Kappas. There are some publications/markets that are an exception to that.
My my my I use that word all the time. Does that mean that my American friends don't know what I'm talking about when I say I have just had a great row with Comcast, HMO etc?

Jen

Old 12-23-2008, 04:59 AM

74 posts, read 173,967 times
Smile Hi

Just wanted to wished everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:23 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
I also wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone here. I won't be around much over the next few days and wanted to get my wishes in. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and it is filled with laughter, love and the spirit of the season.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:31 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,763 times
Want to wish everyone a wonderful Merry Christmas, hope Santa is good to all of you, I want to thank you all for the wondeful Friendships that I have made due to this forum, each and everyone of you mean a lot to me, Its lonely sometimes being here in TN with no family but you have all become Family to me and helps me through every day of the year.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:05 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I also wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone here. I won't be around much over the next few days and wanted to get my wishes in. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and it is filled with laughter, love and the spirit of the season.
Smoky, have a great time over the holidays.....

Ok everyone, the cat's away....time to P-A-R-T-Y.......

I'll be away for the next few days also...Merry Christmas to everyone....have fun, enjoy, and be safe.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville