Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 06:12 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
You know I was thinking I should have gotten Bill XBox or PS3 because it would have freed up the computer.
Pam
No doubt! I was starting to wonder where you were!

Old 12-27-2008, 09:41 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
Quote:
Mornin Knoxville! Bill has been hogging the computer playing his online game my parents gave him for Christmas.
Sorry to hear those who had the flu. Hope you're feeling better.
You know I was thinking I should have gotten Bill XBox or PS3 because it would have freed up the computer.
Pam

too funny! you know, now all those sales - this would be a good time - maybe Bill could use a New Year's Present!

Hik, the pics were awesome!

Hope all of you with the flu will be able to sleep & eat chicken soup......

Old 12-27-2008, 12:03 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
Maybe that is what I'll get him for his birthday, it's on Jan. 28.

Piper, you missing transforming grinches one Amaryllis at a time?
Life must be so mundane now.... plan a trip south!
Pam

Old 12-27-2008, 02:20 PM

811 posts, read 2,009,308 times
We have a PS3 but Shane is the only one who plays it--don't really use it much myself but the BluRay player is nice to have

I say Bill needs a Wii for his birthday

Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,117 times
Default Everyone gone?

Boy Christmas and the Holidays must have done everyone in as no one seems to be around. Maybe everyone is out shopping and helping out the economy, I know I did my fair share today, I ran all over Knoxville looking for bargains, found some too

Well, here's hoping everyone has a wonderful New Years, stay safe!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:01 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
Gailli, I did my fair share in contributing to the economy on the day after Christmas!! I found fantastic deals on slacks and long sleeve knit shirts.....I think I bought 11 shirts in all colors!! And to all of my 'shoe loving' buddies, I bought the most comfortable pair of 'Born' shoes!! It is the 'Othello' in Mahogany and I don't believe I have ever had a pair of shoes that are as comfortable as these....it's as good as being barefoot!!!

Hope everyone is feeling better and that 2009 is a healthier year for us all!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:40 PM

204 posts, read 580,360 times
I did my fair share....I paid the doctor. HA HA I am feeling better but I guess I am not sympathetic to hubby. He sounds awful and I just say well it will get better but he doesn;t want to hear that.

Happy shopping all. I hope to get some in within the next few days but prob not till 2009.

Bebette are you still having surgery this week?

Old 12-29-2008, 07:07 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
TN405, I'm so glad that you are feeling better!! So, I guess the prescription the doc gave your hubby to prevent him from catching it, didn't work!! bummer!!!

I cancelled my surgery!! I started thinking about the fact that this doctor wanted to do surgery on not only my shoulder, but also my elbow, and he has never done an MRI - so he doesn't REALLY know what's going on inside!!! He's just guessing - at my expense!! So, I decided that I would feel more comfortable finding another doctor and having a second opinion - and hopefully the next doctor will want to see an MRI or something, before he decides I need surgery!! (ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD ORTHOPAEDIC DOCTOR WOULD BE WELCOME!!! Please send a DM!! Thanks!!)

I realize that I will ultimately probably need the surgery, but in the meantime, I avoid lifting things with my right arm, and try to avoid making the movements that cause unbelievable, mindboggling pain!!

Since we are househunting and will hopefully be buying and moving within the next 12 weeks, I will probably wait until AFTER we move and get settled, before I make an appointment!! Also, the weather will be warmer and I won't have to worry about getting into and out of long sleeve shirts, sweaters, etc., which causes alot of pain now, and I'm sure that for a few weeks following surgery it will definitely cause pain!! LOL

Old 12-29-2008, 07:25 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,117 times
Default Sorry

Bebette, sorry I didnt mention your arm when we talked, senile you know, but really, I did forget. I agree with you about getting another opinion, always a good idea when it comes to surgery.

TN405, glad you are better but sorry hubby is under the weather, I'm still avoiding it so far but sure am scared being out in stores with everyone so sick, wash hands a lot lately.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:27 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
Quote:
Maybe that is what I'll get him for his birthday, it's on Jan. 28.

Piper, you missing transforming grinches one Amaryllis at a time?
Life must be so mundane now.... plan a trip south!
Pam
Yeah, business is very slow right now...just a couple standing restaurant orders that I do twice a week. January is the month when a lot of florists close shop & go on vacation; ...that, uh, didn't survive the round of budget cuts this year!

I'm trying to swing a quick trip down sometime between Valentine's Day & Mother's Day. I'm going to check out Maryville, Fountain City, Chattanooga & more of Knoxville. I don't think I saw as much of Knoxville as I thought after perusing the picture threads on CD!

Happy New Year, one & all! Don't know how many of you jump around to other forums, but believe me when I tell you: there is a general consensus that the Tennessee folk are the nicest of all. So true, so true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville