Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 05:08 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,224,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
so happy for you Bebette! Please do post pics - especially of the view! I will try not to drool....
Thanks everyone!! Since this is a 'first' for hubby and I, despite the fact that we are retired....hey, better late than never!!!

Piperspal, here's a view of what we'll be seeing out our backdoor!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Knoxville Area Chat Thread-view-our-backyard.jpg  

Old 02-04-2009, 05:09 PM

204 posts, read 578,364 times
Yeah Bebbette. Tell us more. So excited for you.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:14 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,944,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Thanks everyone!! Since this is a 'first' for hubby and I, despite the fact that we are retired....hey, better late than never!!!

Piperspal, here's a view of what we'll be seeing out our backdoor!!

...sometimes late is even better than "early". Now the best is yet to come; you can take your time & savor the moments!

If the view is that good in the middle of winter, I can only imagine how great it will be come summertime!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,224,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
...sometimes late is even better than "early". Now the best is yet to come; you can take your time & savor the moments!

If the view is that good in the middle of winter, I can only imagine how great it will be come summertime!
We're going back up tomorrow and since it's been snowing, I'll have pics of the view with snow on the ground to post tomorrow night!!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:30 PM

17,997 posts, read 9,019,239 times
hope you are all having a good night!!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,567,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Hi Everyone!! Things have been mighty busy for us since I last posted on January 21st, whcih was the night we were the only occupants at the hotel in Pigeon Forge!! Our househunting trip was extremely successful!! We looked at 15 houses and narrowed it down to two! Then we spent the next week doing pro/con lists on both houses and went back up last Thursday to 'relook' at those two houses! A couple of days before we went back, we received notice of a listing for a newly built house that we decided to look at on this trip!

Well, we looked at the original two first and narrowed it down to the one which was our favorite, then we went to see the newly built house!! OMG, it was absolutely the perfect floor plan for us and was the same price as the five year old house that we were looking at, and the location of the new one is perfect!!! ONE PROBLEM though......a contract had gone in on the new house the night before we looked at it! BUMMER!!!

HOWEVER, we found out that the builder owns several more lots in this new neighborhood and would build us the same house, for the same price and it would be ready in 90 days!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO

We went back up this past Sunday and walked over the available lots and chose one with a fabulous view! Our realtor did the paperwork, we signed the contract that day, and the builder signed the contract and now the fun begins!! We will be going back up tomorrow to meet with the builder to choose all of our colors, fixtures, brick type, etc. and I can finally stop researching all of the 'homes for sale' sites online!!!

Gailli, we'll finally be able to qualify for all of those wonderful Sevier County discounts!! WOOOOOHOOOOO And, we have already checked to see how long it takes to get from our new house to Dollywood......and it's only 9 minutes!!! I am a HAPPY CAMPER!!!!

Congrats, Building a new home is such an exciting experience as well as very educational. Make sure you create a good connection with your contractor and he'll be there in the long run. When our house was built in 1994 our contractor stopped by every once in a while asking if we needed any help hooking something up. He even hooked up our oven for free.

These next few months will be very exciting for you! Remember, lots of windows on the southern end of the home!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,375,194 times
Bebette - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new house, how wonderful!! Things do seem to work out for the best!

Hello Painter and all

Baby, it's cold outside!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:00 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,375,086 times
Congrats, Bebette! That is excellent!

I can't believe how cold it is. My dog can't even get down the stairs from the deck. Poor baby slipped, so now I have him on a heating pad. The KUB guy was reading the meter and his feet flew out from under him, too, right in the road. Brrr!

Did someone mention spring?

Old 02-04-2009, 06:14 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,673,559 times
GBH--So good to have you back posting. Welcome Back.

Bebette--Goregous and nothing blocking that view!! Thanks for posting photo and, yes, we'd love to see a snow pic.

Brrrr--What more can one say for all of you. Tomorrow will be better, right?!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:57 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,375,086 times
Thanks, Suzanne! Hello!

They're predicting snow tomorrow, but this weekend they're calling for sunny and 60s both days! From 12 tonight to 62 Sunday-- or from UGGs to flip-flops in two days. Schizo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville