Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 08:46 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Thank you thank you!!!

Hope all is well this a.m. I will be stickin' around today and working on the yard in short spurts, it is HOT already. It looks like a deranged armiddilo attacked my yard during the night. They had a big ole time out there, not kidding there are hundreds of holes. So either I fill them in or set up a putt-putt course.
Best to you, Painter. I hope you get some good news today.

If we here an echo coming from your yard today, we'll know you fell into one of the armadillo holes. Don't worry, help is on the way!!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Gem You have got to share your secret. How do you stay so cheerful and positive? It's amazing you alway seem to say the right thing.
I've been up for quite awhile and sifted through this c-d and have learned alot. There are those who are always up beat, some are so negative and others well...It is a constant. The thing I can not keep up with but trying is how everyone jumps from one place to another. It boggles my mind, which isn't taken much these days.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 AM

Painter, if you are using the latest version of Window Internet Explorer (I think it is Explorer 7), you will see tabs at the top of your page. The one tab is the one you are viewing and has "City-Data Forum . . . on the light blue tab.

Look immediately to the right of that tab and touching it you will see a lighter blue corner of a tab, like file folders would be. If you click on that light blue corner tab a new blank internet page will come up. Just enter the City-Data address there in the http: address area and click the arrow to the right of it. Two pages are loaded and you can zip back and forth between them.

I usually have about 7 or 8 tabbed pages open. A few for the forums I visit, one for web searching and a graphics website open. It makes using C-D so fast and easy. You transport yourself from one forum to another in a "Click"!!

Have fun with it! (You will not loose the one you are leaving when you click on another tabbed site. It will just be the one that is behind your current screen.)

Old 06-26-2008, 01:29 PM

Ok the truth is out I am illiterate with this...I am on a loner right now, mine is out for repairs. I cant add tabs to the folders it wont take. when my child arrives home I will get her assistance, she is my tech nerd, I fix houses she fixes anything electronic.Maybe in the a.m. she's at the hospital with her bf waiting on a new baby to be born and there are some complications, please put up a prayer for all these young moms. Maybe for us old ones to that cant make the young ones understand what they are getting into........Oh life some times we do have full plates. Okay the lites are blinking time to go later

Last edited by the painter; 06-26-2008 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: power surge?? cut in middle of word

Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Ok the truth is out I am illiterate with this...I am on a loner right now, mine is out for repairs. I cant add tabs to the folders it wont take. when my child arrives home I will get her assistance, she is my tech nerd, I fix houses she fixes anything electronic.Maybe in the a.m. she's at the hospital with her bf waiting on a new baby to be born and there are some complications, please put up a prayer for all these young moms. Maybe for us old ones to that cant make the young ones understand what they are getting into........Oh life some times we do have full plates. Okay the lites are blinking time to go later
Painter, is your daughter having the baby or there for a friend? I will definitely say a prayer for them. I have been there with the complications. I do hope all will go well for them.

Babies are much more important than computers!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:31 PM

Gemkeeper, I didn't mean to change subjects so fast there. While I was postin' my daughter called from the hospital, it's her best friend having the baby. She went in early this a.m. and when she called they were taking her in for a emergency c-section. Havent heard anything other than the momma blood pressure kept dropping and the babys heartbeat was showing problems, just waiting to hear something. 2 weeks ago at the check up the baby was alread at 10 pounds! Then we had some big boomers here and the lights kept flashing on and off, but no rain, but it shut my phones down for abit...Thanks for your concern, it helps just to "type" some days. Wish I had found you all earlier.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:39 PM

Unhappy Computer hates me! I could use some advice.

Anyone with some knowledge about computers: I am losing my cursor on my screen. I know where it is when I move my mouse around enough that it hits a link. Then, the link will highlight and if I click on it the link will open. It is like my cursor is slipping behind pictures or paragraphs on a page. On the C-D pages, it is invisible whenever I pass it into a fill-in area, such as this message area. Then if I click my blinking vertical indicator (I forget what that is called?) will show and I then move it to where I want to type using my up and down, left and right arrows.

A few months ago when this happened I just set up a new user administrator account and the new account was fine until today. I still cannot use my old account or guest account because they are both corrupted with this snafu!!

If anyone has any ideas or band-aid remedies I would really like to hear them. I cannot miss chatting with everyone here on the forum. I still don't know where to buy the tastiest rice cakes in Knoxville yet!

I posed this question on the computer forum, but don't know if I can get back there without losing my cursor entirely. I think my mouth is going to be a "cursor" if I can't get this fixed before going on our trip next week. Oh, no!

Hik, I have to know all about the house and closing!!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:46 PM

I cant help as you know but I wonder if this forum has a mystery devil floatin around, my screen keeps bouncing back and forth, page to page... I just thought I was doin something. What you are saying about the curser is what started with my laptop about a week before it crashed, now they are trying to just retrieve some files I didnt have down loaded.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Hey guys, try restarting the computer. If that doesn't work, go to START, go to HELP and SUPPORT. Try to get your computer back to an earlier date!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I cant help as you know but I wonder if this forum has a mystery devil floatin around, my screen keeps bouncing back and forth, page to page... I just thought I was doin something. What you are saying about the curser is what started with my laptop about a week before it crashed, now they are trying to just retrieve some files I didnt have down loaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Hey guys, try restarting the computer. If that doesn't work, go to START, go to HELP and SUPPORT. Try to get your computer back to an earlier date!
Thanks, you two. I will try to restart, but I think I will make a CD of all my files first, in case like PAINTER, I crash completely.

Hik, thanks for taking time with this. You certainly have enough to do right now!

(Painter, your name ended up in caps, but I can't find my cursor to get back there and my up and down arrow keys are doing a dance all their own!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville