Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 PM

20 posts, read 29,766 times

Advertisements

How are the schools in Louisville, are there any? Can you pick what school you go to or is it based only on attendance zones? We are in CA and you can transfer to any school in the district even if its not your "home" school. Looking at buying some land in Louisville up by Gravelly Hills area and building a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Zones? Do you realize there are about 2,000 people in Louisville? The schools are not very good. I believe I responded to you before and explained which schools are best in the area.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:37 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,776,427 times
That area of Louisville has some very large homes/small estates in the $750k to multimillion dollar range and many have incredible views of the river. The area still has a very rural character otherwise. The schools are all Blount County or private. Of the people I know who live in that area none currently have school aged kids so I don't have any firsthand knowledge to pass on but I can imagine the incredibly long commute if you could pick any other school beside the closest ones. I have the feeling you may need to make a visit here and see how different it is from where you live in CA.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:45 AM

710 posts, read 1,960,617 times
I don't know whether you can just pick and choose schools within Blount County. I sort of have in the back of my mind that there is a state law that doesn't restrict you to one particular zone, meaning if there is room at another school in your county that is not in your "zone" as defined by where your home is located, you can transport your child to and from your chosen school yourself. That is how it is in my county in Middle Tennessee.

I've been to Louisville quite a few times. It certainly has some lovely homes. And some not-so-lovely ones. It kind of reminds me of Florida in that they can be right next to each other. My sister lives in a gorgeous brick 5000 sf plus home in an area with deed restrictions, so that helps to keep sort of "like" homes together.

Anyway, good luck with what you decide! If you've not been to visit and check things out for yourself, put that on your list.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:03 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,355,887 times
I think the location of Louisville is good. It's between Maryville and Knoxville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville