U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-08-2007, 09:31 PM
 
16,081 posts, read 30,650,632 times
Reputation: 20249

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
Now, that is scary! Lumpy?
It's very scary! Commissioner Greg "Lumpy" Lambert - Commissioners - County Commission - Knox County Tennessee - A Great American Community (http://www.knoxcounty.org/commission/commissioners/lambert.php - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2007, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Atlanta suburb
4,725 posts, read 9,710,296 times
Reputation: 3488
Default Thanks for filling me in on Powell's finest citizen, SMG.

SMG, I don't think that Lumpy and I will be best friends.

Now, hiknapster cell phone comment is even funnier!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2007, 12:12 PM
 
10 posts, read 10,451 times
Reputation: 14
For those who, for whatever motives unfathomable, is sugar-coating the dark side of Knoxville, you better duck tape your behind because you never know when you'll fall next victim of the ruthless town rapists. Obviously criminals in Knoxville are so open-minded that the gender of the victim is no issue, they'll just rape both the husband and wife! Knoxvilleans, if you have not much to offer the world, try honesty please.
Here's an example of Knoxville police at work:
LiveLeak.com - Cops Now Taser an Unarmed Scared Mentally Handicap Woman into Submission
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2007, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
2,170 posts, read 7,332,718 times
Reputation: 1532
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesoholy View Post
For those who, for whatever motives unfathomable, is sugar-coating the dark side of Knoxville, you better duck tape your behind because you never know when you'll fall next victim of the ruthless town rapists. Obviously criminals in Knoxville are so open-minded that the gender of the victim is no issue, they'll just rape both the husband and wife! Knoxvilleans, if you have not much to offer the world, try honesty please.
Here's an example of Knoxville police at work:
LiveLeak.com - Cops Now Taser an Unarmed Scared Mentally Handicap Woman into Submission
How is this worse than other places? No one is saying Knoxville is crime-free. It's a city with people and people commit crimes. But compared to other cities, it's a breeze.
What I read in that news story is a greedy family trying to scam the cops for $1 million. How many lives did the mother put in danger with the high-speed chase? How about if we all sue her for that?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2007, 02:39 PM
 
10 posts, read 10,451 times
Reputation: 14
Smile How sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxgarden View Post
How is this worse than other places? No one is saying Knoxville is crime-free. It's a city with people and people commit crimes. But compared to other cities, it's a breeze.
What I read in that news story is a greedy family trying to scam the cops for $1 million. How many lives did the mother put in danger with the high-speed chase? How about if we all sue her for that?
$1 million only? I must say that Knoxvilleans are not very greedy. Good for you! But please don't be jealous because it can happen to you too, hopefully soon. And it's 21st century now, please drop that "Knoxville police reports crime differently" crap - lying about your crime rate is exactly what makes Knoxville so much worse than other places.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2007, 03:09 PM
 
13,080 posts, read 37,284,678 times
Reputation: 10389
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesoholy View Post
But please don't be jealous because it can happen to you too, hopefully soon.
Excuse me? You want knoxgarden to be tasered by police? Or sued for $1 million?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2007, 03:32 PM
 
16,081 posts, read 30,650,632 times
Reputation: 20249
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesoholy View Post
$1 million only? I must say that Knoxvilleans are not very greedy. Good for you! But please don't be jealous because it can happen to you too, hopefully soon. And it's 21st century now, please drop that "Knoxville police reports crime differently" crap - lying about your crime rate is exactly what makes Knoxville so much worse than other places.
Mesoholy - your posts, although few in number, seem to be full of venom - no matter the subject. Why do you want to move here? You obviously don't think kindly of the place; or at least that is what comes across. Where are you located now?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2007, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
2,170 posts, read 7,332,718 times
Reputation: 1532
I suspect mesoholy is a bored teenager with nothing better to do but try and create arguments. The nickname, attitude, all come across like that. Probably lives in Knoxville and thinks it's boring.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,583 posts, read 51,681,350 times
Reputation: 13564
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesoholy View Post
$1 million only? I must say that Knoxvilleans are not very greedy. Good for you! But please don't be jealous because it can happen to you too, hopefully soon. And it's 21st century now, please drop that "Knoxville police reports crime differently" crap - lying about your crime rate is exactly what makes Knoxville so much worse than other places.
Most of this post is incoherent, so I can't decide if you want knoxgarden to get one million dollars or be tasered.

Holy Moly, mesoholy. That's one bizarre post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2007, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Atlanta suburb
4,725 posts, read 9,710,296 times
Reputation: 3488
Thumbs up JMT's explanation was pretty clear and on the mark.

me-so-holy(?), I think that JMT's explanation of the compilation of Knoxville's crime stats should just about end the subject.

Many towns and cities, particularly smaller cities, do a thorough break-down of their crime stats. This should be viewed as an asset to a community to better understand just what the crime level is in their city.

The cities that are attempting to whitewash their crime stats are the ones that lump all offenses in a single crime event into just one offense.

I think you are right on this call, knoxgarden.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top