Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 30,676 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Texas to Knoxville next month and have been apartment hunting via an apartment guide and the internet. I want to live in West Knoxville west of the West Town Mall. I had a couple of places ready to check out when I get there but then started reading reviews online. I couldn't find an apartment complex that didn't have terrible reviews. I have a dog so need a place the is pet friendly, but other than that I am pretty easy to please. I am a female that will be living by myself and so I would like a place that is safe.

Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have a great vet that they would recommend? My vet here is very good and fairly inexpensive compared to the others here. And are there dog parks in West Knoxville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 01:15 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
PetSafe has a dog park in West Knoxville. You won't have trouble finding a vet. I can't recommend one, I go to the Cat Clinic. University of Tennessee has a Vet School and this is a very pet friendly town. All the county parks allow dogs on leashes.
The Humane Society sponsors several events for dogs and their owners, including the Bark in the Park.
HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE TENNESSEE VALLEY
There's a listing of pet friendly apartments here.
Pet Policies in Knoxville Apartment Complexes
Walker Springs might be a good choice for you. There's a nice park right next to it with good walking trails for dog walking. It has good reviews. I would trust the online reviews. I found them to be very accurate with what I saw first hand. I moved up here with four cats so understand the need for pet friendly.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM

48 posts, read 133,003 times
I live off of Westland and Pellissippi at Hertiage Lakes Apartments. I have two Great Danes and the apartments are pretty nice! one exit down on Northshore across from Krogers is My Pet's Animal Hospital They are awesome and very friendly.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:45 PM

12 posts, read 38,549 times
Its not west of west town but about a mile or two east of it.

The Carlton. Beautiful sunrise view from that building, you can have pets, and there is a vet across the street.

I live there many moons ago before I got married. I always felt very safe. The building has a pool on the roof and a coded entry system. The people there were nice too.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:59 PM

6 posts, read 16,481 times
I lived at The Grove right near the West Town Mall and loooved it. Dogs were OK to have back then. I was looking for safety and compared to the others that I looked at this one won.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:15 PM

12 posts, read 58,668 times
When I lived in West Knox (Cedar Bluff area) I went to Cedar Bluff Animal Clinic. I liked them so much, that when I moved to Maryville, I still continued to drive the 30min to have them take care of my 2dogs and 1 cat.

When I lived in the area - I lived in the Eagle Pointe Apartments. Dog friendly and nice place to live. They own many townhomes in the area.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,369 times
I'd have to throughly agree with Cedar Bluff Animal Clinic. They've been our Vet for more than a decade and they're the best. I live on the other side of town, yet we drive 30 mins and sometimes longer if necessary. Keep in mind that there are no less than 3 to 4 Vets within 3 to 5 mins of our home, yet we choose Cedar Bluff Animal Clinic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville