Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2014, 01:46 PM

52 posts, read 96,096 times

Advertisements

I'm so excited that we have finally found some time to go and check out Blount county. We will be going in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to find a hotel and make reservations and make a list of the different areas and things we want to check out. If any of you have been to Blount county I would really like to hear your thoughts about it if you dont mind. Like what areas stood out to you and why, what did you enjoy about it, does any of the different areas seem like a family friendly place, is there a certain place you would recommend staying while visiting? We have been checking out SE Tenn for a while and Blount county seems to be in arms reach of the places we love to vacation to. I have heard alot of good things about Blount county and how the people are laid back and friendly and thats what we are looking for. I hope it feels like home because I'm so ready to settle down somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 06:26 PM

257 posts, read 489,458 times
We usually stay near the airport in Alcoa when visiting the area. There is a wide variety of hotels with different levels of quality and prices. Since I have a lot of Hilton points from when I was working we stay at the Hampton Inn.

If you are staying 3 nights or more you might want to try Priceline name your own price or the Hotwire site.

If you are looking for housing you are going to detail what is important to you and if you want to be in the city or county.

We are going to be there in mid-April checking out housing.

Good luck!

Old 03-30-2014, 07:48 PM

Thank you for posting. We are thinking about moving to Blount county because it seems to be close to all the places we enjoy having family time at. I have heard alot of good things about the Maryville area. But other places in Blount county have a nice look to them also from what I have seen on google map. I cant wait for our visit there. Lol

Old 04-17-2014, 06:09 AM

FINALLY .... The day is here we will be leaving this afternoon for Blount County. We are so excited and cant wait to get there and check it out. Our 6 and 5 year old have been doing a count down. For the passed 10 days they have been getting up telling us how many days we have left .... Lol

Old 04-21-2014, 06:39 AM

Well we are back home and I have to say we really enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in a hotel in Alcoa. Its a nice place and the Texas Roadhouse Restaurant there has really good food. Our waiter was very friendly. We checked out different areas around there. We really like Maryville and this small place called Greenback. The people that we talked to seem to be laid back and they were very friendly and helpful. We will be making another trip back there soon to decide if we want to move there.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:19 PM

361 posts, read 861,669 times
This won't be much help to you but my wife and I passed thru Maryville about 5 years ago and found ourselves liking the city as well. It is still on our short list for possible places to move to but since we have family closer the Chattanooga (Cleveland, TN) we will likely settle closer to them.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:28 PM

We liked Maryville alot. It has plenty of stores, restaurants, beautiful views, and close to alot of fun family things to do. The people are laid back and friendly. We are really thinking about moving there. We have a few more things to check on like jobs around there. My husband has talk to a few people there about jobs so I dont think finding work will be a problem. We are really excited and feeling good about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville