Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2007, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 4,281 times

Advertisements

My husband and I bought some land near Norris Lake in Maynardville. I have family in Knoxville and am familiar with that area. However, we are not very familiar with Maynardville. (Bought with other family members.)

I would like more information about the area, people, etc. We are both into football (Badger, Vols and Packer fans) and wondered where locals get together for games. We are from Wisconsin where sports bars are on every corner. Know this isn't the case here, but wondered if there were any bars in the area. Is there any kind of nightlife?

Also, what is the attitude of the locals towards "out of towners" who settle there? Other than driving into Knoxville, what type of entertainment is available.

Thanks all for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 11:52 PM

63 posts, read 210,067 times
Maynardville is a very small town that is becoming a suburb of Knoxville. People in Union County can be apprehensive to change, so expect to see that. As far as meeting people goes- the best way to think is- its up to you. These are country folk, and are very friendly, but can shut out outsiders quite quickly. (Assuming you are around Union Co. citizens, not newbies)

Just make an effort, and you will have friends in no time. As far as entertainment, there isn't alot except from a couple of bars in Maynardville. Remember though, its only a 15 minute drive into Halls and Knoxville...!

I have lived in the area all my life, let me know if you have any questions in specific.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,534,811 times
I found a great website on Maynardville: Maynardville.Com by Chip Brown / Einsamer Kuntsler Group
The funniest thing on it is the Search Site. Underneath the search bar it says "$5 per search on the honor system". Ha!

Tntornadox, I have a question for you. My husband and I are planning a trip next Saturday to Crawford Meats. Do you have any tips for me on visiting your fair town?

Old 12-08-2007, 08:04 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,348,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I found a great website on Maynardville: Maynardville.Com by Chip Brown / Einsamer Kuntsler Group
The funniest thing on it is the Search Site. Underneath the search bar it says "$5 per search on the honor system". Ha!

Tntornadox, I have a question for you. My husband and I are planning a trip next Saturday to Crawford Meats. Do you have any tips for me on visiting your fair town?
I saw that! I used his search but I couldn't figure out how I was suppose to give him $5! Maybe he's just kidding?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:48 PM

12 posts, read 36,784 times
Thumbs up we are moving to Maynardville Dec. 31st.

We were in Crawford meats when we went up to buy a house. Not only was there good food, but great people.

Don't go there expecting to be in and out. It doesn't work that way. And your family by the time you leave.

Big difference from FL. lol

Old 12-29-2007, 09:24 PM

22 posts, read 69,558 times
Thumbs up maynardville

We moved here back in july from mich and love it . The people are all nice here and make sure you wave to folks also one piece of advice for you . There are bars here except for the pizza place but only has beer you gotta drive to halls to get liquor but you can get beer at the gas stations but not on sundays . Any more questions just ask . Hopefully this helps . I am loving it here you will to .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville