Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:57 PM

21 posts, read 26,768 times

Advertisements

Myfriend and I are looking for a specific type of place we are relocating from Florida looking to buy a house we're looking to live in the Sevierville Pigeon Forge area. He's going to be working in Bulls gap transferring his job from here so we can't really go any farther west then Southern Knoxville but we really want to stay near Sevierville.we want a historic house built before 1950. yes we are aware that Sevierville and Pigeon Forge is about an hour drive from bulls gap..he currently commutes that long and its not a big deal. we're pretty much an hour from anywhere currently the reason we want to be close to people. we really want a cute suburban neighborhood we wanted a Victorian a updated craftsman something with charm we need a decent backyard that can be fenced.. what we really want plenty of neighbors in the typical craftsman neighborhood we really have this dream of being able to have truck or treaters at Halloween...able walk around the neighborhood and enjoy the day without having to get into the car and drive everywhere. is there anywhere near Pigeon Forge or Sevierville that has Craftsman style, bungalows, something cute... Victorians anything of the sorts... budget really is about 130,000 or less..more than a house we are looking for a neighborhood ...any kind of have a starting point for what kind of house we're looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 02:47 AM

166 posts, read 321,893 times
I can only think of one or maybe two neighborhoods in the area that fit the bill. Pre 1950.....liveable....under 130k. I think that is going to be very hard.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:49 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Hi and Welcome to the forum!

I think you are going to have a very difficult time in finding that combination. Be sure to engage a top realtor to enlist their help in your search. This is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

You would have a much easier time finding that house in Jefferson City or Dandridge or Morristown I would think. Plus it is closer to Bulls Gap.

I had a family member that drove from Bulls Gap to Sevierville for four years for a job. I am warning you now that this is not a good idea for a commute for a number of solid reasons.

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2014, 06:17 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,822,889 times
Agree with Beretta, maybe even Greeneville. When tourist season is heavy, you will have a lot of traffic on 66 making the commute to Sevierville longer than an hour.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:16 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
I agree you need to look in the center of nearby small towns. Suburbs in TN means tract homes from the 40s and newer. Rogersville has a lot of historic houses as well.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:05 PM

Definitely agree with the two posters above. I had blinders on and was thinking of a line between Bulls Gap and Sevierville for some reason which short sighted.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:21 AM

We have looked at other areas and aren't interested :/ kinda disappointed... Timothy I would be interested to know what 1/2 neighborhood you are thinking?

We might would be interested in newer houses with the similar neighborhood streets in town..And maybe a suburb to the north or east of Sevierville if that helps?

Last edited by Beretta; 10-12-2014 at 07:04 AM..

Old 10-12-2014, 12:45 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
You actually drove through Rogersville? Hard to believe as it is a bit out of the way. That could be a drawback for day trips though. Greeneville is more conveniently located.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:58 PM

Everyone is missing the point really we want to be close to Gatlinburg pigeon forge...he comes an hour here so the commute is not the problem. Thanks for everyone's input we don't want to move locations though...I will get a realtor.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieloka View Post
Everyone is missing the point really we want to be close to Gatlinburg pigeon forge...he comes an hour here so the commute is not the problem. Thanks for everyone's input we don't want to move locations though...I will get a realtor.
No, we/they aren't missing the point. They are here on the board giving advice because they know the area. They have seen people come and go. They have heard the heartache that comes from bad decisions and broken dreams.

Glad that you are taking my advice and getting a realtor.

Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville