Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:52 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzaboo2008 View Post
My husband and I are looking to move to TN next year. We have moved to GA from OH but due to horrendous traffic and it seems crime is increasing on a daily basis and what is scary it is moving to what used to be safe neighborhoods.

We were looking at the town of Maryville. This seems to be a small town but close proximity to Knoxville (my husband has a heart condition) and it seems to have a great hospital and Maryville has a hospital as well.

We vacationed in Townsend this year and we loved it.

My husband is retired and I sell insurance (life & health).

Just wanting opinions of Maryville or any other town in this area as we are so excited to move there next year.
Maryville is ok, though at times traffic can be a pain.

Stay AWAY from Maryville Hospital, it is not very good. Go to UT for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 11:21 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,344 times
Seems like Maryville is attracting many people. I've looked at many places for a possible move from Arkansas. First, I was looking at Knoxville itself, then I thought about Johnson City. I took my search further Easter to Roanoke or Lynchburg, VA but now have come back West and looking at Maryville. I lived in Knoxville for a few months about 5 years ago. Maryville didn't seem like it had much, but looks like it's growing. The reason I came to it is because I checked out area vibe and saw that Maryville has a much lower crime rate than the other places I was checking out and according to area vibe, it also appears to have a low cost of living. Another site claims that 1/3rd of the people in the town rent and the average pays $450 for a nice two bedroom, but I find that part untrue. For one, it seems like there aren't many rentals in the area. And from what I'm finding, it also seems like rental prices are more expensive than what those sites told me. Maybe there are many rentals that aren't listed online, but from what's listed online, it doesn't appear to be as cheap as I had hoped. May have to end up looking for a roommate if I decide to move there. It has the location I desire and with the low crime rate compared to the other places I have looked, this may be where I end up living.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:19 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,301,161 times
The trouble with looking things up on the internet, is that not all the information is accurate. In some cases, its not even close.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:41 AM

24 posts, read 21,828 times
My family and I JUST got back from the Knoxville area. We were on a scouting trip and decided that we want to move to Blount County, specifically Maryville. It's a wonderful town to be sure! We are from MI (unlucky us) and it was a bit odd for us with the way the roads are. Lots of curves, turns and steep roads. We realize it is due to the mountains but will take some getting used to. We are used to roads running mostly straight East-West, North-South. Small price to pay with having beautiful mountains to look at.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:37 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirksbunny View Post
My family and I JUST got back from the Knoxville area. We were on a scouting trip and decided that we want to move to Blount County, specifically Maryville. It's a wonderful town to be sure! We are from MI (unlucky us) and it was a bit odd for us with the way the roads are. Lots of curves, turns and steep roads. We realize it is due to the mountains but will take some getting used to. We are used to roads running mostly straight East-West, North-South. Small price to pay with having beautiful mountains to look at.
East TN does not know what a straight road is, but the traffic is light and the scenery great.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:33 AM

28 posts, read 56,348 times
For all the posters here that were asking about Maryville,did you make your move.. I just spoke with a Realtor yesterday and we will also be buying and building if I cant find a home that suits me there.. My realtor suggested the towns just outside Maryville such as Walland,Townsend etc.. He stated they are actually closer to the town of Maryville as we are looking for 7+acre's..I would be excited to hear how you are enjoying it and any tips you might give us.. We will be coming from Illinois.. the high tax state! Thankyou Pat

Old 03-22-2016, 03:44 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,301,161 times
Have you visited Walland and Townsend?

Old 03-22-2016, 05:07 PM

257 posts, read 489,612 times
I was the first to respond to this post in 2014. We moved to Blount County outside Maryville in July, 2015. We had focused on the Walland area due to its proximity to the GSMNP but actually ended up on the opposite side of town. We found a house and a outbuilding that meet all of our needs there.

We really like this area! We have relocated 6 others times for my job and find it is not difficult to make new friends and enjoy the best an area has to offer if you stay positive and look for opportunities. Maryville has most everything we need and Knoxville metro is only 45 minutes away. Cost of living, education, and quality of life are all good. There is a wide variety of housing if you are buying a home that should meet most people's needs. We have found good medical providers in the area.

Best of luck!

Old 03-22-2016, 08:05 PM

377 posts, read 470,279 times
PatJeff,

I didn't see where you share about your needs. Are you needing a good school district? That's the big selling point with Maryville ALTHOUGH now that my children are grown and out of the house I can't imagine living far from the Greenway. Nothing like a good jog followed by a stop at Vienna coffee. haha

Are you locating from far away or nearby? I'm not a realtor but I'll introduce you to Vienna coffee myself and tell you what I love about Maryville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville