Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,838 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I am looking into info about new tazewell (ultimately Knoxville or East Tennessee) and jobs for jail receiving and or LPN work. Currently a asst manager at a pool store but seeing as I live and take care of myself, my mom, brother and my daughter I need more a down home country area for them and a better job for myself that has better advancement. My questions are how is the job field for LPN or the jails up there? (I'd like to get involved with either criminal justice or the entry medical that pays)? How is the medical there? Chemo treatment for those on disability? Living with disability and on that income? (My mom) how're the schools? And mainly medical treatment, I could work fast food if it paid the bills but moving the kids and my mom to better opportunitys is my aim.
Thanks do much for reading hope to hear from y'all soon!
Courtney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 08:06 AM

79 posts, read 121,103 times
In in New Tazewell and have liked it here for 25 years. We do have a hospital and a few nursing homes alone with Dr.s offices so there may be a spot for the right LPN. I know the jail was hiring and took on a friend of mine but do not know how often positions open up. Larger medical tx is available in Knoxville. Be advised there is no night life or big city entertainment here and the place is rural.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:10 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Pig View Post
In in New Tazewell and have liked it here for 25 years. We do have a hospital and a few nursing homes alone with Dr.s offices so there may be a spot for the right LPN. I know the jail was hiring and took on a friend of mine but do not know how often positions open up. Larger medical tx is available in Knoxville. Be advised there is no night life or big city entertainment here and the place is rural.
Yes, it's over an hour to Fort Sanders Hospital in Knoxville.

New Tazewell has a population of about 3,000 people.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Yes, it's over an hour to Fort Sanders Hospital in Knoxville.

New Tazewell has a population of about 3,000 people.
Most live outside the "city" so there is a lot more than 3000 people here. Heck we have a Walmart.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:43 PM

18,530 posts, read 1,427,622 times
Quote:
I’m looking at a possible future move to New Tazewell, in six years or so. What I've learned from C-D, it seems to be a “perfect” match for my wife and I. This could be a pipe dream, but I’m hoping something will come of it. I long to get out of eastern New York State and the rough winters we've recently had.

I’m hoping someone can confirm the accuracy of my observations. 1) Trulia.com indicates little or no crime in the New Tazewell/Tazewell area. I want to believe this is so. 2) Can you comment on the four seasons being more pleasant in eastern TN? I usually check out wunderground.com but haven’t gotten that far. And 3) Claiborne County Medical Health Center seems to be an all-around kind of hospital, performing general-types of surgery. Am I reading too much into their website?

Jobs won’t be an issue and depending upon the lay of the land, a country home may not be out of the question. I’m currently looking at homes in the $60-65K price range. Obviously six years could change this whole scenario, but at least I have a starting point. Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:27 PM

383 posts, read 918,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice2bfree View Post
Obviously six years could change this whole scenario....

But please get back to us in about 5 years and we can probably provide more accurate feedback.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice2bfree View Post
I’m looking at a possible future move to New Tazewell, in six years or so. What I've learned from C-D, it seems to be a “perfect” match for my wife and I. This could be a pipe dream, but I’m hoping something will come of it. I long to get out of eastern New York State and the rough winters we've recently had.

I’m hoping someone can confirm the accuracy of my observations. 1) Trulia.com indicates little or no crime in the New Tazewell/Tazewell area. I want to believe this is so. 2) Can you comment on the four seasons being more pleasant in eastern TN? I usually check out wunderground.com but haven’t gotten that far. And 3) Claiborne County Medical Health Center seems to be an all-around kind of hospital, performing general-types of surgery. Am I reading too much into their website?

Jobs won’t be an issue and depending upon the lay of the land, a country home may not be out of the question. I’m currently looking at homes in the $60-65K price range. Obviously six years could change this whole scenario, but at least I have a starting point. Any help will be gladly appreciated.
I do not think there is any place with out crime unless no people are there but I have not been victimized yet in this country. I did have a hunting cabin broken into in the next county, Hancock. We do have four real seasons with a little snow in the winter but does not stay around for to long. Can be hot and humid but not as bad as West TN. Our hospital is no great wonder of modern technology but they might be ok for small issues.

This county and the others around are rural and some slow paced and in five years i bet we are not majorly changed. I hope not.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:18 PM

18,530 posts, read 1,427,622 times
Quote:
I do not think there is any place with out crime unless no people are there but I have not been victimized yet in this country. I did have a hunting cabin broken into in the next county, Hancock. We do have four real seasons with a little snow in the winter but does not stay around for to long. Can be hot and humid but not as bad as West TN. Our hospital is no great wonder of modern technology but they might be ok for small issues.

This county and the others around are rural and some slow paced and in five years i bet we are not majorly changed. I hope not.
Thank you for the good update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville