Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2016, 02:32 PM

212 posts, read 239,489 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I recently attended a college visit at UT and am seriously thinking about attending. I have a few questions though and may post others when I think of them.

-How bad is the traffic?
-How quick could I make a trip from campus to Andersonville to see a few cousins?
-How frequent are wrecks around campus?
-What is their to do on the weekends?
-How easy is it to find a job?
-Are their any defining characteristics that make Knoxville better than other college towns such as Athens, GA and Columbia, SC?

Like I said, when others come to mind, I'll just post them. Thanks for the responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 09:16 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,310,197 times
Traffic? In general int he Knoxville area, or around campus, or between downtown and Andersonville? Bad traffic is very subjective. Someone from Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, NYC, or other large metro area, would think there isn't much traffic at all, even during the heaviest times. It used to take me almost 30 minutes to drive to work in Los Angeles, and my office was only about 7 miles as the crow flies.
If you are from a very small town, you might think that normal traffic in Knoxville is horrible.
All bets are off on a game day.

Campus to Andersonville would probably take half hour or so, depending on time of day. Its not all that far up 75.

Wrecks around campus? Have no idea.

You weekend plans are really only limited by your imagination, and budget. Going to the beach might be a stretch, but then again, if you have a big enough budget, you could do just about anything.

Job search really depends on what kind of job you are looking for. Retail and food service jobs are very plentiful.

I have not lived in Athens or Columbia, so I can't help there.

Good luck with your quest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville