Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,090 times

Advertisements

Currently looking at transferring from Florida to Knoxville area.
Do not want to live in the city, but want to stay within a 30 min drive of it.
Looking for advise on the best/safest areas for a family to move to.
Would like to stay south or east of the city in ether Blount or Sevier county.
So far I am considering maybe Maryville or Seymour area.
Would like any suggestions or advise from anyone that knows the area.

Am a home owner but will most likely be starting off in an apartment once there until I better learn the area before buying a house. Any apartment recommendations?
Will also be needing a Daycare for a couple more years so any info on that will help.

Have visited the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg area several times but have not really been over near these areas, so any info someone could provide would be appreciated. A lot of questions but I think this sums up the most important right now. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 07:24 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,296,788 times
The best plan is to come visit and just drive around and see what feels right to you.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:38 AM

394 posts, read 794,363 times
+1 on Barking Spiders recommendation. When I was looking, Maryville was the only Blount cty location I considered. I did finally settle in west know though.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:09 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times
Where would you suggest to stay for a weeks stay? Maybe two weeks.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:22 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,193,525 times
Default airbnb

Meo: You might want to try airbnb.com. The one below for $55/night sounds like a good deal with good reviews. I haven't tried airbnb personally yet, but next time I'm in Knoxville I think i will give it a try. Good luck!

https://www.airbnb.com/s/knoxville--...q1eb&source=bb

Old 07-18-2015, 12:06 AM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times
Thank you for the link. That will be so helpful. I'm not planning on going anywhere until next spring. As I told my brother, who lives in Nashville, this next winter will be the determining factor. I would still like to visit Knoxville, even as just a vacation. I've found through all the discussions that I feel a twinge of regret at the thought of leaving here but recognize that living in pain for 4-5 months of the year is not living.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose87 View Post
Currently looking at transferring from Florida to Knoxville area.
Do not want to live in the city, but want to stay within a 30 min drive of it.
Looking for advise on the best/safest areas for a family to move to.
Would like to stay south or east of the city in ether Blount or Sevier county.
So far I am considering maybe Maryville or Seymour area.
Would like any suggestions or advise from anyone that knows the area.

Am a home owner but will most likely be starting off in an apartment once there until I better learn the area before buying a house. Any apartment recommendations?
Will also be needing a Daycare for a couple more years so any info on that will help.

Have visited the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg area several times but have not really been over near these areas, so any info someone could provide would be appreciated. A lot of questions but I think this sums up the most important right now. Thanks.
Seymour for quiet and rural, Maryville for a City setting. Visit Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, but don't live there.

I chose Seymour as it is less than 20 minutes from Knoxville, Maryville or Sevierville unless you live way out. Great property taxes too. For Apts the best are in Smoky Crossing, but really read the contract closely as they have some termination clauses that are not good. There are lots of smaller ones and a lot of homes and townhouses to rent. A friend from FL and his wife just rented a nice one in Seymour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville