Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 AM

621 posts, read 1,615,646 times

Advertisements

Say hello to my wife when you are Ijams, she works there. Actually, that's how we wound up in Knoxville 8 years ago this month! Haven't regretted it once
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 05:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 12,667,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird2000 View Post
Say hello to my wife when you are Ijams, she works there. Actually, that's how we wound up in Knoxville 8 years ago this month! Haven't regretted it once
Oh, lucky woman to work there...can hardly wait to visit..that's so cool, having a lovely urban park to hike around in...

PM me her name and I WILL say howdy to her when we're there...I used to work for regional park district in CA when I lived there..love parks, libraries, biking trails..makes life worth living!!

Old 11-11-2015, 08:11 PM

Just wanted to say we had a GREAT time in TN...loved Knoxville...took many nice walks, especially by the river, ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant (Naples) two nights in a row--the best Italian food we've had since we left San Francisco..very friendly folks everywhere. Hiked IJAMS--wow! So pretty.

Really enjoyed the huge old trees and the neighborhoods near the University...leafy green, interesting architecture. Could easily imagine living there...

Knoxville struck us as a very livable city on a human scale...

Cumberland Mountain State Park in Crossville (fascinating history with the Homestead settlement) was another treat...Townsend, the Smokies, incredible beauty. Cades Cove loop was uber crowded.next time we'll hit it early on bikes when cars are banned...

Chattanooga was interesting..the intense civil war history, the river, the m ountains (we stayed on Lookout Mountain)...it felt much more deep south than Knoxville..quite a contrast that I'm still processing...TN is a neat state...very diverse. The countryside is handsome...

Many thanks to all who contributed their advice...

Old 11-11-2015, 09:37 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Glad you enjoyed yourselves! I love Naples Italian, too. Yes, I think there is a distinct difference between Chattanooga and Knoxville. It's one of those things that you have to experience to really see it. Like everything else, writing opinions on a forum sometimes upsets people, plus not everyone has the same perspective.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:27 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
LittleDolphin, just wanted to say that with that attitude, you'll be happy no matter where you are. That's the kind of attitude it takes!

Old 11-13-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
LittleDolphin, just wanted to say that with that attitude, you'll be happy no matter where you are. That's the kind of attitude it takes!
Well, blush, thanks! I AM a happy, contented person who loves to travel, being in nature, meeting people and hearing and sharing stories. So much to learn...

A most fortunate lass am I!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville