Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 10:04 AM

142 posts, read 176,410 times

Advertisements

I did look at Sevierville real estate, didn't see anything really up our alley. Greeneville, Cleveland, and Newport are ones to consider given their proximity to the mountains. The only thing is they're not close to bigger towns when we feel the need for that, but I'll do more research into how big of towns they really are. Funny, I found a house that's beautiful and has great views, but it's in Townsend, which I guess is 20-25 minutes to Maryville, 40-45 from Knoxville. It would be too remote I think. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 11:39 AM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
It does seem like Maryville is the best for your needs. There is a whole subdivision of new homes off 411 - turn across from the BP station. Most have great views. This is the area that is due east of the Hospital. Maybe none are on the market at the moment but you should drive through next time you are in town. Lots of subdivisions off 411 with great views NE of town.

Do you think your realtor is just trying to steer you to high dollar listings?

Old 12-30-2015, 11:43 AM

We don't have a realtor yet, just our own Internet research. I look every week and don't find anything we like. Do you by chance know of any good, trustworthy realtors??

Old 12-30-2015, 01:47 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
There may be listings next spring. As always you need to see in person to evaluate mountain views. The streets include Crest, crestview and Shetland.

If you find one where you really like the view you can drop the owner a note to let you know if they decide to sell.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:30 PM

Thanks creeksitter. I'll keep all that in mind.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:16 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
You also might want to try Northshore Town Center. It might be worth a look if nothing else pans out.

Northshore Town Center - Knoxville, TN - Target - Publix - Shops - Restaurants - Office Space

Old 01-02-2016, 03:55 PM

I'll keep that in mind, thanks h. It looks like it will be nice, but about an hour from the Smokies, so might be a bit far.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:04 AM

It's 40 minutes from Northshore Town Center to the Townsend entrance to the GSMNP. It may be too far for you. However, it's a gorgeous development, close to excellent hospitals and shopping, about 20 minutes to downtown Knoxville. Considering where you are from, Knoxville may be your best choice.

Here's a nice website for that area.

NORTHSHORE TOWN CENTER | Mike Stevens Homes

What is your housing budget? That's going to be very important. Creeksitter mentioned Lyons View. That area, and to a much lesser extent - but with a drop-dead gorgeous neighborhood - Sequoyah Hills, has views. Lyons View's views - see what I did there? - are amazing, but there aren't that many homes available and the cost will fit into very few budgets.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:34 AM

40 minutes is about the most we want to be from the mountains for hiking. Funny you mention Townsend - we found a house there that is beautiful with excellent views, but of course it would be a little far from Maryville whenever we wanted to go to nice restaurants, shopping, etc... I can't imagine us staying in Townsend for most of our excursions? Anyway, we have a fairly healthy budget, so can probably afford a place in one of the areas you're talking about, but can we get about an acre there? We don't want to be "on top" of our neighbors. We're also seriously considering Maryville.

Old 01-09-2016, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJim View Post
40 minutes is about the most we want to be from the mountains for hiking. Funny you mention Townsend - we found a house there that is beautiful with excellent views, but of course it would be a little far from Maryville whenever we wanted to go to nice restaurants, shopping, etc... I can't imagine us staying in Townsend for most of our excursions? Anyway, we have a fairly healthy budget, so can probably afford a place in one of the areas you're talking about, but can we get about an acre there? We don't want to be "on top" of our neighbors. We're also seriously considering Maryville.
It would have to be a VERY healthy budget. VERY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville