Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 10:49 AM

611 posts, read 1,459,501 times

Advertisements

W. Knox residents oppose rezoning for clinic at Choto, Northshore

This proposed "medical clinic" wouldn't be too far from where I live. I've heard some rumblings about it and stumbled across the above News Sentinel article this morning.

There have been a lot of changes over the past few years at this intersection - Weigel's opened a few years back, a roundabout was finished last year that greatly improved traffic flow, and now several new businesses are moving in: a nail salon (already open), Don Gallo's and a Tennova walk-in clinic. All good stuff, from what I've seen. I was skeptical about the nail salon, in particular, but it seems to get steady business.

This, though, seems very sketchy. From what I can tell, the doctor in question has focused exclusively on addiction treatment (with the prescription drug Suboxone) in her recent ventures in Harriman and Jacksboro. Additionally, her last name seems to be either Bentley or McFarlane depending on which story you're reading. That's an odd red flag - almost like she's disguising her history to try and prevent people from digging into her past.

I think there's definitely a place for this kind of medicine, but I fear the potential ramifications of such an office opening in my neck of the woods. I may attend the County Commission meeting on April 25 to see what happens with the rezoning vote.

Anybody else heard about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 08:00 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTNGuy View Post
W. Knox residents oppose rezoning for clinic at Choto, Northshore

This proposed "medical clinic" wouldn't be too far from where I live. I've heard some rumblings about it and stumbled across the above News Sentinel article this morning.

There have been a lot of changes over the past few years at this intersection - Weigel's opened a few years back, a roundabout was finished last year that greatly improved traffic flow, and now several new businesses are moving in: a nail salon (already open), Don Gallo's and a Tennova walk-in clinic. All good stuff, from what I've seen. I was skeptical about the nail salon, in particular, but it seems to get steady business.

This, though, seems very sketchy. From what I can tell, the doctor in question has focused exclusively on addiction treatment (with the prescription drug Suboxone) in her recent ventures in Harriman and Jacksboro. Additionally, her last name seems to be either Bentley or McFarlane depending on which story you're reading. That's an odd red flag - almost like she's disguising her history to try and prevent people from digging into her past.

I think there's definitely a place for this kind of medicine, but I fear the potential ramifications of such an office opening in my neck of the woods. I may attend the County Commission meeting on April 25 to see what happens with the rezoning vote.

Anybody else heard about this?
They are looking for rezoning to a family medical practice. Treating drug addicts or housing a pill mill will not be allowed per the rezoning verbiage, so even if she's lying, she can't make it happen.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
They are looking for rezoning to a family medical practice. Treating drug addicts or housing a pill mill will not be allowed per the rezoning verbiage, so even if she's lying, she can't make it happen.
It's the same front they've put up elsewhere, though. They tried to put a clinic in LaFollette and got turned away for the same reasons/concerns I listed, so they went down the road to Jacksboro and are now operating a clinic focused on people with opioid addiction.

If they actually have pure intentions here, that's great. I strongly believe they're not being 100% honest, however.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTNGuy View Post
It's the same front they've put up elsewhere, though. They tried to put a clinic in LaFollette and got turned away for the same reasons/concerns I listed, so they went down the road to Jacksboro and are now operating a clinic focused on people with opioid addiction.

If they actually have pure intentions here, that's great. I strongly believe they're not being 100% honest, however.
Then they will get shut down very quickly

Old 04-21-2016, 07:04 AM

191 posts, read 308,307 times
We live nearby. My concern is how personal many of the comments posted at other sites have gotten. Emotion and fear seem to be motivating some posters. Somehow the tone of the conversations has reached the personal vendetta level.

Sticking to the facts: how do we deny someone a permit for actions that we 'think' they 'might' commit?

Old 04-22-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geranium View Post
We live nearby. My concern is how personal many of the comments posted at other sites have gotten. Emotion and fear seem to be motivating some posters. Somehow the tone of the conversations has reached the personal vendetta level.

Sticking to the facts: how do we deny someone a permit for actions that we 'think' they 'might' commit?
Other sites? Where, pray tell, might one find discussions going on about this? I'm interested.

And I'm not one to indict someone without evidence, but this doctor's reputation and track record absolutely precede her. She has dealt exclusively with addiction treatment, so I find it hard to believe that she's all of a sudden switching gears (especially when a Tennova medical clinic - a more established name - will be 100 yards away). I just don't think it's wise to ignore her history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville