Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 06:27 AM

3 posts, read 2,742 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking of moving to Knoxville from Savannah Ga. We have been on scouting missions as I see some others are, love the Louden and Marysville areas. I will possibly be working in Rockford, what will the traffic be like with either of these locations? I would love a place on the water with a couple acres, what are we looking at price range wise? We are looking for advice from others who have moved there in the past couple years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 03:53 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,301,161 times
A couple acres on the water? Hope you have a very large budget!
Rockford is right next to Maryville, so traffic will be a snap. From Loudon, it would really depend on where in Loudon County you lived. It could be kind of a haul from some parts, especially if you are on the water. Depends a lot on where you live.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:29 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,760,240 times
I suggest looking in Farragut. I live in Loudon (Tellico Village, to be more accurate) and it's a very small town, and at least a 45 minute commute to Rockford. I see in today's real estate section that a couple homes in Farragut on the water with 2-2.5 acres are priced at about $750K. Farragut is a lot closer to Rockford than Loudon.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:42 AM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
A couple acres on the water? Hope you have a very large budget!
Rockford is right next to Maryville, so traffic will be a snap. From Loudon, it would really depend on where in Loudon County you lived. It could be kind of a haul from some parts, especially if you are on the water. Depends a lot on where you live.
Thanks for the info, I have noticed that you definitely have to have some bucks to live on the water around there. We really like the Tellico village area, just not going to get a place on the water.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:45 AM

We really liked Tellico Village when we came through, and may look at Farragut too. We looked at a few houses and like the neighborhood and amenities. Thanks for the info!

Old 11-08-2016, 11:54 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,760,240 times
I've posted about Tellico Village many times on this forum. You can search and read what I've written. I've been living here in TV for 3.5 years now. We're very happy here, as are most of the residents. Please feel free to ask me questions, preferably after doing a search and reading previous posts so I won't have to type all the same stuff again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville