Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:02 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,112,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisgarber1 View Post
I think there are parts of East Knoxville where those accouterments can be readily found, as well as in Lonsdale.
But less than other cities. I work with some very nice people from the area.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,768,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisgarber1 View Post
I think there are parts of East Knoxville where those accouterments can be readily found, as well as in Lonsdale.

Two words: South Knoxville

Old 06-22-2010, 04:26 PM

8 posts, read 12,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
The hairdresser that worked next to my hairdresser I recruited and now works with me.
My favorite Target cashier now works with me.
My Kroger meat man now mows my yard.
And the list goes on. I love living in the south!
I could use a job and, live in Knoxville! I'll do "housework"!
And have a "ok" resume... LOL

Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 PM

22 posts, read 51,026 times
This post made me smile. I'm from a really small town about an hour and a half south of Nashville (with a population of less than 2000 people), so I was terrified of coming to a bigger city. However, when I arrived here, I quickly found that the people here are just as friendly and helpful as they are in Loretto. I love Knoxville, and I plan on staying in this area even after I graduate.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:04 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,379,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaknoxtn View Post
I could use a job and, live in Knoxville! I'll do "housework"!
And have a "ok" resume... LOL
Cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWhitley1288 View Post
This post made me smile. I'm from a really small town about an hour and a half south of Nashville (with a population of less than 2000 people), so I was terrified of coming to a bigger city. However, when I arrived here, I quickly found that the people here are just as friendly and helpful as they are in Loretto. I love Knoxville, and I plan on staying in this area even after I graduate.
That is awesome!

Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 PM

13,337 posts, read 39,780,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWhitley1288 View Post
Welcome to Knoxville! It really is a great place!

Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 AM

22 posts, read 51,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Welcome to Knoxville! It really is a great place!
It definitely is; I've fallen in love with Knoxville. I've actually been here for three years--I'll be starting my senior year at UT in the fall--and I'm still discovering new and exciting things about Knoxville. The people are friendly, and the area is beautiful. Also, I love that there is so much to do here, and anything you could possibly want or need can be found in East Tennessee.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:23 PM

456 posts, read 1,118,596 times
We to to TN around four times a year from NY and one of the main reasons has to do with the people. There are many nice, wholesome, god fearing, pleasant people in TN. :O)

Old 11-08-2010, 07:07 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,764,721 times
I truly hope I don't offend any friendly Tennesseeans, although I am very plain-spoken.

For all this chatter about Tennessee being a warm, hospitable state, I find my home state of Kentucky to be at least as warm and hospitable, if not more, than Tennessee. (I was raised downstate, but now I live in extreme N. KY near Cincinnati which is no bastion for warm and friendly.) I've vacationed multiple times in Tennessee and still really like the state--culture, scenery, history, etc. I understand why New Yorkers and Floridians are moving there in droves. I appreciate the fact that, unlike many other states in the east, it has done a great deal to attract and foster tremendous job growth over the last 30 years; I wish I could say the same about Kentucky.

The people...well...if consistently "blah" to surly service in restaurants in Nashville, multitudes of sad- and depressed-looking people in Clarksville and weird, white trash neighbors from Knoxville at an adjacent camp site qualify as friendly, then I guess Tennessee is quite friendly. And these are admittedly only from limited experiences. I can only imagine living there.

Don't get me wrong, I've met plenty of decent, friendly people from Tennessee and it is still a fine state. I would not mind living in Nashville, although the rest of the state I can really do without. But I have found Texans and (gasp!) Californians, in certain parts anyway, to be friendlier than people in many Southern states in general. (And, besides the points, my goal is to move to Texas or California and I've interviewed for jobs in both states.)

Old 11-09-2010, 07:11 AM

745 posts, read 1,712,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post

I would not mind living in Nashville, although the rest of the state I can really do without.
To each his/her own, but for some of us who have lived in the Nashville area, it is that area and West Tennessee that many of us can do without. Not desirable at all, imvho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville