Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:56 PM

380 posts, read 1,174,221 times

Advertisements

Gem, can I come over to your house for dinner tomorrow night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 06:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,077,321 times
The subs are from Heidi's Kitchen!

I should try the biscuit recipe. I am an incredible cook, but my baking skills are severely lacking! I think it is a left brain-right brain thing, although I am excellent at math. Geometry is a disaster, though! I never could figure out hypotenuses and the like.

Gem, funny what the family did with the chocolate gravy!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:51 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,331,422 times
I would think the chocolate gravy would be good on pound cake, it is just a name isn't it if you call it chocolate gravy or chocolate sauce?
Pam

Old 03-16-2008, 10:17 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,102,489 times
Pam and hiknapster, it was goooood! You won't know until you try it! My sour cream pound cake is good with anything. And, apparently, chocolate gravy is, too!

I didn't know that Heidi's Kitchen was so fan-tabulous! I do think maybe that catering gig may be a "maybe"?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:02 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,765,220 times
Another chocolate gravy virgin deflowered Who's next?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:09 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,765,220 times
The guys ended up buttering their biscuits with dinner and want their chocolate gravy on ice cream and pound cake later. I think it will work![/quote]

Blasphemy!! Don't tell my grandmother!! Hot fudge is for ice cream. Lemon glaze is for pound cake. Chocolate gravy is for biscuits (often there will be both white gravy and chocolate gravy on the breakfast table, depending on how sweet your tooth is that morning)!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:08 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,331,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitties of Domination View Post
The guys ended up buttering their biscuits with dinner and want their chocolate gravy on ice cream and pound cake later. I think it will work!
Blasphemy!! Don't tell my grandmother!! Hot fudge is for ice cream. Lemon glaze is for pound cake. Chocolate gravy is for biscuits (often there will be both white gravy and chocolate gravy on the breakfast table, depending on how sweet your tooth is that morning)![/quote]

Kittie,
A silly yank question soon to be asked here..... the white gravy you speak of would that be Sawmill gravy?
Pam
Gem- How does it feel to be the first deflowered chocolate gravy virgin from CD? Bet you never thought you'd be wearing that title!

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 03-17-2008 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: note to Gem

Old 03-17-2008, 07:19 AM

380 posts, read 1,174,221 times
Wow! A choice of two gravies for breakfast. I assume there is also a stick of softened butter on the side. It's like heaven on the table.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:47 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,102,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitties of Domination View Post
Another chocolate gravy virgin deflowered Who's next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Blasphemy!! Don't tell my grandmother!! Hot fudge is for ice cream. Lemon glaze is for pound cake. Chocolate gravy is for biscuits (often there will be both white gravy and chocolate gravy on the breakfast table, depending on how sweet your tooth is that morning)!
Kittie,
A silly yank question soon to be asked here..... the white gravy you speak of would that be Sawmill gravy?
Pam
Gem- How does it feel to be the first deflowered chocolate gravy virgin from CD? Bet you never thought you'd be wearing that title![/quote]

I think I should be embarrassed, but I am laughing too hard!! ROFL!

DH says "What's wrong with chocolate on pound cake? Hey, do we have any strawberries?"

I guess I will have to change the byline under my name "deflowered by chocolate gravy". Feel free anyone to use that one!!

How about homemade liverwurst gravy on waffles? Yum. That was a frequent dinner in our house growing up. Not much money, but always something on the table. My dad made the liverwurst in a breadloaf pan and would slice some off, brown it in butter, sprinkly it with flour and S & P, add some milk and viola! Dinner on waffles, pancakes or toast! Kind of like sausage gravy here.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:50 PM

7,507 posts, read 17,124,223 times
Whoa, wait, liverwurst gravy on waffles? Oh my God, that sounds AWFUL! LOL!!! I've neve heard of liverwurst gravy, but...

Yep, white gravy=sawmill gravy=sausage gravy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville