Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 02:58 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,400,197 times

Advertisements

I am planning another on the ground trip to Knoxville and Chattanooga and plan to see TV as well with my wife later this summer. I have seen home listings where the house is on the opposite side of the river than Knoxville or as importantly Costco in Farragut lol. Is there a good map which shows where the crossings are other than as I am now doing? What I do now is put a destination in the map that I know is on the other side of the river to see which ways is closest. Any good ideas for me that have to be better than my current approach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 06:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Are you using Google Map or something similar and just mapping trips? If so, that's a great way to see the logical way to cross.

For what it's worth, you are overthinking the bridges.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:35 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,478,600 times
Honestly, I read your post earlier and had to scratch my head, just go out to dinner and wait to answer. Now that I have picked the computer back up to answer I see that Hik had the perfect response. You are overthinking.

Do you have the Waze App? You know how you can plug in from here to there and it gives you two or three alternate ways? Check that out. Otherwise, just go with what googlemaps or your navigation tells you. It will be fine and that is what you want to see, or should see, while you are in the area.

Old 07-06-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Honestly, I read your post earlier and had to scratch my head, just go out to dinner and wait to answer. Now that I have picked the computer back up to answer I see that Hik had the perfect response. You are overthinking.

Do you have the Waze App? You know how you can plug in from here to there and it gives you two or three alternate ways? Check that out. Otherwise, just go with what googlemaps or your navigation tells you. It will be fine and that is what you want to see, or should see, while you are in the area.

Thanks the waze idea is one I had not considered. I am considering Knoxville and Nashville as relocation targets. I monitor new listings that meet my criteria in both locations. I saw a home I really liked but to get to Costco in Farragut google maps was a long drive, I have seen a few listings like this and now have a mental block against areas on the opposite side then say Farragut. Convenience to restaurants and shopping is one of my criteria and mentally I have eliminate a whole swath of an area. Im old school and use maps a lot but like an over view of an area which wont show all roads for areas and thought perhaps I was missing a bridge crossing on a smaller road. I just switched to satellite view and went in closer so I could physically see each bridge. It appears the maps Ive seen seeing are showing all the bridges and not missing those on smaller crossings.

I was over thinking it, thanks for humoring me.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:59 PM

11 posts, read 13,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Thanks the waze idea is one I had not considered. I am considering Knoxville and Nashville as relocation targets. I monitor new listings that meet my criteria in both locations. I saw a home I really liked but to get to Costco in Farragut google maps was a long drive, I have seen a few listings like this and now have a mental block against areas on the opposite side then say Farragut. Convenience to restaurants and shopping is one of my criteria and mentally I have eliminate a whole swath of an area. Im old school and use maps a lot but like an over view of an area which wont show all roads for areas and thought perhaps I was missing a bridge crossing on a smaller road. I just switched to satellite view and went in closer so I could physically see each bridge. It appears the maps Ive seen seeing are showing all the bridges and not missing those on smaller crossings.

I was over thinking it, thanks for humoring me.
If it makes you feel better, I had the exact same question and concern. I was thrilled to see you ask! I saw one home that was absolutely perfect, right across the water (looked narrow to me) from Farragut/Concord. I did the satellite thing and saw no crossings. Did the google thing and it was a 37 minute drive to farragut. Eliminated looking in that area entirely.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotor704 View Post
If it makes you feel better, I had the exact same question and concern. I was thrilled to see you ask! I saw one home that was absolutely perfect, right across the water (looked narrow to me) from Farragut/Concord. I did the satellite thing and saw no crossings. Did the google thing and it was a 37 minute drive to farragut. Eliminated looking in that area entirely.
From Concord to Farragut?

Old 07-12-2018, 06:31 AM

I too was looking at a property I liked in Louisville but when I measured the distance to Costco and other options in Farragut area found it a long commute due to the location and number of river crossings. I am going to check it out when we get on the ground, bringing my wife wiht me next trip. But this area is a big concern from an access point of view.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:51 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,287,634 times
From Louisville to Farragut the fastest is probably Pellissippi Parkway. The other route would be 321 then over the dam into Lenoir City. Thats about it.
Getting to Costco from Louisville is probably no different than from North Knoxville, driving time.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:00 PM

11 posts, read 13,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
From Concord to Farragut?
No, it was a house in Louisville.

I wonder if we all like the same house in Louisville?

Old 07-14-2018, 11:29 AM

It's 20 minutes from the center of Louisville to Costco in Farragut via Pellissippi Parkway. I'm on Pellissippi Parkway all the time. Traffic is almost always very light and the speed limit is 65. It's a breeze.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what the big deal is about the bridges. Is someone afraid of bridges? Are you expecting to pay tolls? Do you think they will be particularly long? If so, there are no tolls in our area and the bridges are short and the trip brief. Blink and you'll miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville