Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:17 AM

19 posts, read 96,459 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving from Green Bay, WI. to Maryville. I was trying to find some nice place to rent and was told that sandy springs townhouses are very nice. We need a 3 bedroom.(can't find em here) Which they have. Only 650 for rent(VERY cheap compared to rent here. Almost to cheap, Kinda scary). I just hate not seeing a place for myself before I live in it. I have them sending floor plans to me. The lady also said it was 1200 sq. ft. Well I just stumbled onto this place and thaought I would see if enyone knows of this place. Thanks!
Kari
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 02:31 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kksparks View Post
My family and I are moving from Green Bay, WI. to Maryville. I was trying to find some nice place to rent and was told that sandy springs townhouses are very nice. We need a 3 bedroom.(can't find em here) Which they have. Only 650 for rent(VERY cheap compared to rent here. Almost to cheap, Kinda scary). I just hate not seeing a place for myself before I live in it. I have them sending floor plans to me. The lady also said it was 1200 sq. ft. Well I just stumbled onto this place and thaought I would see if enyone knows of this place. Thanks!
Kari
I live a couple of miles from these. There are several convicted sex offenders that live in that vicinity. I don't have anything personally against them but there is a reason that something is cheap in Maryville city. I am curious as to who told you that these are very nice? Would you like some exterior pictures?

If I were looking were looking for a townhome I would consider the ones on 321 South (apartments).

Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 PM

WOW that's kind of scary. My husband's daughter had a friend that lived in them and she said they were very nice inside. Pic's would be GREAT!!!!!!! As far as the 321 South, do they have a name. I would like something more of a townhouse I hate the apartment feel.(no seperate entrance,no laundary in apt. that kind of thing) We are leaving a 5 bedroom run down farm house so this will be a big change) I have search the internet but not much out here. THANKS KARI

Old 04-03-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
WOW that's kind of scary. My husband's daughter had a friend that lived in them and she said they were very nice inside. Pic's would be GREAT!!!!!!! As far as the 321 South, do they have a name. I would like something more of a townhouse I hate the apartment feel.(no seperate entrance,no laundary in apt. that kind of thing) We are leaving a 5 bedroom run down farm house so this will be a big change) I have search the internet but not much out here. THANKS KARI
I have never been inside of them. I am not saying that they are horrible; but I am trying to let you know reality. There are good and bad things with every location. They are near some nicer neighborhoods but they are also next door to some apartments that aren't as nice as the townhouses. They are next to the a park. The park is GREAT during the day but not great after dark. There was a rape there at the park after dark a year or two ago near the townhouses. The police patrol that area now very heavily. I will take pics this weekend and post for you.

When are you planning on moving here?

By the way, I think the apartments are Carmelia Trace or something like that. Again, haven't been on the inside but it looks like a wonderful community from the outside. Our next door neighbors moved there after they sold their house while building their new house. They loved it.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 PM

Well not sure yet when the move will take place. We are thinking maybe Aug. Maybe get the kids to start school on the first day. I think the apartments your talking about,if Iam not mistaken were pretty pricey for a three bedroom.(1,000 or so)

Old 04-04-2008, 06:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:

No laundry in apartment is not true for every complex but in most instances here you have to buy your own w/d. No separate entrance? I've never heard of that in even the worst complexes.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:21 AM

The separate entrance I only mean that you dont have the one entrance then another entrance to your place. Your front door is not opened up to a hall. We have a washer and dryer to bring. It's just most of the time I've seen only a few w/ hook ups inside the apt. and then i'ts only for apt. size w/d not regular size.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:07 PM

Here are the pictures I took today of Sandy Springs Townhouses in Maryville. If you would like anything else please let me know.

a view from across the road at Turnberry Vista subdivision

Group of townhouses on the right after you drive in:

after you drive in and pass the townhouses on the right and go down the hill this is the view:

looking to the left from the same spot:

turning back around to over my left shoulder from the same spot, back toward the entrance; the different looking building is a small condo/apartment development next door:

peeking between some other buildings over toward the other development, this is a childrens/recreation area:

looking back up toward the entrance:

looking to the right further down in the development:

the backyards/patios of the townhomes:

To the right of these condos, facing them on Montvale Station Road is Pearson Springs Park. Besides Pearson Springs Park is the Garden Vale apartment complex.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:08 AM

WOW I have to say THANK YOU very much this was GREAT!!!! Sure is apartment city . Thanks again. Kari

Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM

377 posts, read 470,279 times
We're currently renting a townhouse next to Sandy Springs Park, but it's not the ones pictured here. We're paying $2000/mth for a 4 bed/3.5 bath and we love it! I don't let my kids run around the park at night, so I don't worry about sex offenders.

Our townhouse is on Lennox Circle... there are 3 on the street and they're all new construction (and nice!). I think these things are the best rentals for a family that wants to live in roomy comfort while checking out different housing areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville