Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 01:53 AM

46 posts, read 23,164 times

Advertisements

I live in Greene county it’s really nice and at the elevation of 1500 ft and a little above you can probably find what your looking for there either over buy the mountain area along the North Carolina area or in Falls Branch up closer to the Tri Cities. Greene County is part of the Tri Cities Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 12:08 PM

152 posts, read 104,399 times
Default Pockets of Liberals in East Tennessee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
East TN, aside from some more liberal/affluent pockets, is very culturally similar to eastern KY. Places like Grainger and Claiborne counties even more.
I know this is an old post of yours but I was hoping I could get you to steer me in the right direction. I want to leave Florida because of the Liberals that are infiltrating the area in droves and it is getting just way too crowded, horns blasting, people screaming, flipping people off, etc. Florida has changed.

Would you be able to please guide me to an area in Tennesse that would be in the NE area that I would be able to own acreage and be away from Liberal politics? I'm not a political person but some people tend to push it in your face and I want to move away from that. I just want to be left alone, be safe, and be able to have a nice garden.

Thank you in advance.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:55 PM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Every time we go to our cabin in Sevier county we pass a big sign - "FOR SALE 100 ACRES - $10 million dollars". So that's about the story for large tracts of land, not actually in the Nat'l park or Nat'l Forest. It is priced to be subdivided into many lots for vacation cabins, or vacation cabin developments, etc. It's certainly possible to find properties like 1 - 10 acres at do-able prices, but understand that anything actually "in the mountains" is usually on a slope at least 45-65 degrees off horizontal, if not more, and is not what you would call usable, other than as buffer zone from the surrounding properties. In the non-mountainous area of the county, most land is at about 1300 foot elevation, and is overrun with tourists and businesses serving tourists. You might find some land out towards Cosby in Cocke county, although 300 acres is probably a not an easy find.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:18 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSRQ View Post
I know this is an old post of yours but I was hoping I could get you to steer me in the right direction. I want to leave Florida because of the Liberals that are infiltrating the area in droves and it is getting just way too crowded, horns blasting, people screaming, flipping people off, etc. Florida has changed.

Would you be able to please guide me to an area in Tennesse that would be in the NE area that I would be able to own acreage and be away from Liberal politics? I'm not a political person but some people tend to push it in your face and I want to move away from that. I just want to be left alone, be safe, and be able to have a nice garden.

Thank you in advance.
What are you specifically looking for? There are plenty of areas in northeast TN where people won't bother you and you can live in quiet peace. Knoxville city is purple to blue. Knox County is a bit more red. Rural counties throughout east TN were often 3-1 to 4-1 for Trump in 2016.

I've voted mostly Republican for years, but I'm not in lock-step with local Republican thinking. This isn't a "Mitt Romney" business Republican type of area in general. Smaller towns and rural areas especially are extremely religious, gun-oriented, traditional family values, etc. I've lived in more affluent, educated areas that vote Republican, and people in the small towns in east TN generally have a fairly narrow worldview.

If you're wanting acreage in a rural county, the vast majority of people will have similar conservative views. That would be the least of my concerns. I'd be looking for things like cell service/city water/internet access, proximity to medical, local issues concerning drugs/property crime (major problem in some rural areas), access back "to town," etc.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:45 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
^^^Very good points in the last paragraph.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:27 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSRQ View Post

Thank you in advance.
Cocke County sounds perfect for you but they don't really love outsiders. Not sure where to tell you to look. Times have and are changing.....

Old 06-01-2020, 06:32 AM

585 posts, read 635,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Cocke County sounds perfect for you but they don't really love outsiders. Not sure where to tell you to look. Times have and are changing.....
Not unless your last name is "Sutton" or "Raider."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville