Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times

Advertisements

I hate to sound naive, but are there many older homes in Kingsport? I say that because if it is a company town I think of Kodak as a 20th century company. I guess we should ask MT what s(he) considers a historical home. Victorian, pre civil war, cottage from the 20's or 30s....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 07:35 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times
Default Just a thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I hate to sound naive, but are there many older homes in Kingsport? I say that because if it is a company town I think of Kodak as a 20th century company. I guess we should ask MT what s(he) considers a historical home. Victorian, pre civil war, cottage from the 20's or 30s....?
Hi creeksitter...
I don't know about the downtown areas other than the pictures I've seen. But I thought I'd suggest that you start a new thread. I'm sure you will get alot of answers, but it's kinda getting lost in here.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:40 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
Why start another thread? The OP said she wants a historical home. I know all about older homes in Knoxville, don't know diddly about Kingsport. How can we help her until we know what her idea of an older home is?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:50 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Why start another thread? The OP said she wants a historical home. I know all about older homes in Knoxville, don't know diddly about Kingsport. How can we help her until we know what her idea of an older home is?
Agree. The OP is leaning toward Kingsport right now but I am sure would appreciate your assistance with older Knoxville homes.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:13 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times
Quote:
I'm sorry creeksitter...I didn't catch that MT was short for mttotn. I actually thought you were refering to JMT and the J didn't get typed in, because he/she knows so much about historic homes in knoxville.
I thought you were asking for someone to tell you about older homes in kingsport, because you were interested. Again sorry...

Last edited by fallfanatic; 05-30-2008 at 12:23 AM..

Old 05-31-2008, 10:06 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Personally I would love to find a nice historical home, pre-1900 with 2500-3000 sq ft.

Saw one once in Rutherfordton NC and almost bought it. It was great, on an acre too.

After driving around the area however we concluded that even if it were free, we woudn't take it.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:15 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,314 times
Congrats, and I have to be different, and reccomend Knoxville. I grew up in the East area, and travel at least monthly, with my wife, and visit Kingsport. The two are a lot different, and depending on your interest, what you hobbies, and arts preference are, then you can make some comparisons. One earlier post stated Knoxville crime was higher, you can check that out also, and we have no more projects than Sullivan county. You just need to drive and spend some time in both, then make a more fair comparison. We have always lived sort of West, and know tons of folks here, from being at Ut, and jobs kept them here, and they all seemed to like Knoxville better. We also have several historical places to choose from, many have already started building back. So good luck on your visits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville