Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:18 PM

13 posts, read 40,469 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone, does anyone know anything about the bulls gap area? We've been searching in the newport, parrottsville, greeneville area but recently found a home in bulls gap which is still in the general area but we havent visited there yet so was wondering if anyone has any insight for me. We will be visiting Tenn. next week again, I cant wait to see those beautiful mountains and go around and see the sights.
Thanks in advance for any info. anyone might have.
Cindy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,233,138 times
Well, Bulls Gap is far enough off the beaten track. It's home to a good dirt track, but that's about it. You'll be driving into Morristown or Greeneville for a lot of stuff. Do you have any job prospects / what fields are you searching in?

Old 05-31-2008, 01:51 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenndreams08 View Post
Hi Everyone, does anyone know anything about the bulls gap area? We've been searching in the newport, parrottsville, greeneville area but recently found a home in bulls gap which is still in the general area but we havent visited there yet so was wondering if anyone has any insight for me. We will be visiting Tenn. next week again, I cant wait to see those beautiful mountains and go around and see the sights.
Thanks in advance for any info. anyone might have.
Cindy
Here are websites that might help. The first one is here on City-Data, but it has alot of info and some pictures. The second has general info and local resorces at the bottom. And the third has general history, events, local calendar etc..
Hope this helps you.

Bulls Gap, Tennessee (TN) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders
Moderator cut: link to a competitors site removed

http://www.tnvacation.com/cities-towns/bulls_gap

Last edited by Yac; 06-30-2008 at 07:00 AM..

Old 06-01-2008, 06:40 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,388,986 times
Bulls Gap, home of the famous Archie Campbell. Its an old railroad town, one red light, couple of banks, few churches, and 12 miles east of Morristown, and a very cute country setting. My wife and family, grew up there, and all have moved to different parts. Its also about 25 to 30 minutes from Rogersville. Moderator cut: text good luck.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-01-2008 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: use DM feature for contact

Old 06-01-2008, 08:36 AM

Thank you so much for the input. All of east Tn. is beautiful to me. We are looking for a very rural country setting, we are in the boonies where we live now and most certainly want the same when we move. The drive to town to for needed items is no problem for us. My husband works in a glass house right now and has his Class B drivers license, he doesnt really have any job prospects but we have planned our move well enough that we will have money left from the sale of our home here and after buying a home down there to last awhile so he can find a job that he really likes. We've been planning this move for quite some time so I believe we're are well prepared for most anything, although I'm sure there are things that will come up that we didnt expect...lol.
The town we live in now has no traffic lights, one gas station, a post office and one little country store so that gives you an idea of how rural we are....lol...I love being in the country.
Thank you again and I will check out the links you've provided.
Cindy

Old 06-02-2008, 09:28 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,233,138 times
How cool You'll prolly like Bulls Gap a lot, then. I love being in the middle of nowhere, too, but I also like living where I do now.... the convenience!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:41 AM

I'm so excited, our trip back down to Tenn. is only days away and this time we're going to look at several properties while we're there, it would be so nice to find that special place. Every time we leave Tenn. to come back home, I feel as though I've already left my home....and heart, in Tenn., so the sooner we get moved the better as far as I'm concerned...lol.
Nice chatting with you all.
Cindy

Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,783 times
Be super careful on your trip. I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for...your home in TN. Remember to have fun and enjoy your trip! And just think ...that when you leave this time it will only be to pack so you can come home for good.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:52 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,169 times
I love Bulls Gap, Rogersville is another favorite. Both are too far away from my husband's job, so we settled in Jefferson County. Try to get the fried chicken at the Dairy Dream (I think that's the name of it!) and don't forget to shop Yoders next door- both places are high on my list o' things to miss when we leave TN.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:08 AM

Thank you everyone for your replies and well wishes, it's much appreciated. Bulls gap sounds wonderful to me, we definitely want a country area that is peaceful and people are spread out a bit.
Fallfanatic....we will be careful on our trip and we plan to have a great time...hubby wants to go see the caverns since he has never been so thats on our schedule for the trip and some other sight seeing.
I'll let ya'll know how we make out on our trip and if we've found a house or not.
Thanks again,Cindy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville