Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 03:06 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
bebette! I'm so glad that you were able to glean what happened. My post was a bit convoluted.

I should turn the whole thing into a book!

I guess it is a patio. Mint juleps sound divine. I haven't had one in years.

By the way, the picture is of the side of the house and not the front. From some comments, I think a lot of people think that is the front.
It looked like the front......... still my kinda place....... on a lazy afternoon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 03:52 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Here's what the front looks like! Tinman, you are welcome anytime!

http://

Old 06-14-2008, 04:53 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
I know of a goat for sale........ "cheap"! That looks like a side..... still very nice!!! A hammock and the Sunday paper and mint julep just heaven.....

Old 06-14-2008, 05:09 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,783 times
Hik....Hang in there it's almost over, and you're doing incredible!!!!!
Your home is so beautiful, just think not long from now you can sit back on that wonderful porch and relax....and it's all YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sending great big hugs to you...<<<<HUGS>>>>

(I thought that the side was the front too, either way it is beautiful!!!!!)

Old 06-14-2008, 07:07 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Hik, these things always seem to go haywire as you near the finish line. You are doing everything right and it will all come clean at the end.

I don't understand how some people sleep at night when they consider how miserable they were to others that day. And, that is just how many go through their lives.

You just have to sometimes pay them off just to get them out of your life and move on to much better things. Try to keep a journal right now, documenting every phone call, every inspection, all monies spent, etc. This can prove very valuable in the event that someone says "I never said that." You have it documented and even without witnesses, most people feel that you've got them at that point and recant.

I did this with a built-in refrigerator that we were told was out of warranty when it went on the fritz. I had the name, date and time that I talked to all concerned and even a signed note from an independent repairman who confirmed that the offending part had been recalled on that particular unit. We weren't informed of that. End result: all new parts, complete repair, plus extended 2 yr. warranty because I had all of the data for the company.

Leave no stone unturned and it is less than 2 weeks now. It will all be good!!

Old 06-14-2008, 07:25 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,979 times
Default Hik, don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Hik, these things always seem to go haywire as you near the finish line. You are doing everything right and it will all come clean at the end.

I don't understand how some people sleep at night when they consider how miserable they were to others that day. And, that is just how many go through their lives.

You just have to sometimes pay them off just to get them out of your life and move on to much better things. Try to keep a journal right now, documenting every phone call, every inspection, all monies spent, etc. This can prove very valuable in the event that someone says "I never said that." You have it documented and even without witnesses, most people feel that you've got them at that point and recant.

I did this with a built-in refrigerator that we were told was out of warranty when it went on the fritz. I had the name, date and time that I talked to all concerned and even a signed note from an independent repairman who confirmed that the offending part had been recalled on that particular unit. We weren't informed of that. End result: all new parts, complete repair, plus extended 2 yr. warranty because I had all of the data for the company.

Leave no stone unturned and it is less than 2 weeks now. It will all be good!!
More thorough advice from someone's who been through the hassles. Tried to rep you Gem, but the rep gremlin is at work again!

Old 06-15-2008, 07:28 PM

49 posts, read 228,477 times
Congratulations on the house, Hik! I just read your thread since I bought one also, and am also looking for furniture. It's way harder than I thought to find the perfect furniture in the right price range. I moved away from Fountain City, instead of to it.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:31 AM

592 posts, read 2,134,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oh! But I sooooo want to hang a banner on my house!

Well, my agent and I have come to the conclusion that my mortgage broker is crazy. Don't get me wrong. The last message she gave my agent is that I am definitely approved. But she seems to be bi-polar or something. That's when we can actually find her. She seems to have an aversion to returning phone calls. Then she runs off and does stuff without my approval.

In fact, she's already had the appraiser out at the property, even though I did not approve this, know this, and haven't signed one paper with this woman. She sent me a bunch of papers, yesterday though, and they were all wrong. Not to mention that she is now telling me to do unethical things.

Sooooo, I'm going with my agent's mortgage broker, which is what I should have done in the first place.

Lesson: Don't pick a mortgage broker out of the telephone book. They may have the cute voice of Dolly Parton, but inside lurks the personality of Ivan Boesky.

Oh no! Did you find someone affiliated with Brad Boring?

Congrats on the house! I had kinda missed this.

We have only used Rooms To Go since moving here, and they seemed pretty good.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:46 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
You missed this!

Sheesh!

No. That crazy mortgage broker was out of Alcoa. She was facing a complaint to FHA, the state licensing board and a lawsuit if her inaction caused my closing to be delayed.

By the way, the last paper was put into my file this morning.
All systems are go!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:06 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
Hik, don't have time to read thru but it looks like you're going through the torment that IS "real estate transactions". Everything down to the wire, always something mucking up the works...it's standard, and has happened with every single real estate transaction I've been involved with. (Yes, even our little lot that we bought with cash, with no house on it).

I just wanted to offer congratulations and say how pleased I am to hear that your dream is coming true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville