Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
BST

451 posts, read 1,202,744 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Knoxville. You're in a great location for walking/biking through that neighborhood to a greenway that takes you all the way over to the river. Lace 'em up and enjoy the evenings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 07:19 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,106 times
Thanks everyone--I am glad no one has anything bad to say about the complex yet--I read some ratings on apartmentrating.com and it scared the CR*P out of me, lol--roaches and dog poop on the sidewalks, drug dealers, etc...EEK!

I guess every place has its downfalls, and it is the least-priced in the area, so we are not expecting perfection...I just cant deal with roaches... Again--more people will go out of their way to complain about a bad situation than to report a good one, so...it is what it is!

I am SOOOOO out of shape--and overweight, unfortunately--it has caused me some serious health issues of late--I am looking forward to "lacing 'em up" and getting healthier!! Can't imagine a more beautiful place to do it that E. TN

Old 06-18-2008, 02:34 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Thanks everyone--I am glad no one has anything bad to say about the complex yet--I read some ratings on apartmentrating.com and it scared the CR*P out of me, lol--roaches and dog poop on the sidewalks, drug dealers, etc...EEK!

I guess every place has its downfalls, and it is the least-priced in the area, so we are not expecting perfection...I just cant deal with roaches... Again--more people will go out of their way to complain about a bad situation than to report a good one, so...it is what it is!

I am SOOOOO out of shape--and overweight, unfortunately--it has caused me some serious health issues of late--I am looking forward to "lacing 'em up" and getting healthier!! Can't imagine a more beautiful place to do it that E. TN
Me, too, sister, me, too! I can't wait to move and start walking again, too!

I wouldn't worry. If we had said, "I know. Not THAT area." I would worry. But the area is fine.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:47 AM

Thank goodness for that!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:42 PM

5 posts, read 16,970 times
congrats... where are you moving to? I'm thinking about moving to knoxville in sept. but i'm not sure what area? I heard the north side was better? I'm in your same situation, i'll be the only one working when we move, but hopefully he'll get a job sooon or we might go under!! i wish you lots of luck, GOOD LUCK! you'll be in my prayers.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:26 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,763 times
[/color][/font][quote=mysticfire0213;4141093]Thanks everyone--I am glad no one has anything bad to say about the complex yet--I read some ratings on apartmentrating.com and it scared the CR*P out of me, lol--roaches and dog poop on the sidewalks, drug dealers, etc...EEK!

I am SOOOOO out of shape--and overweight, unfortunately--it has caused me some serious health issues of late--I am looking forward to "lacing 'em up" and getting healthier!! Can't imagine a more beautiful place to do it that E. TN [/QUOTE

I can assure you I know all about the overweight thingie, I have gained 30 lbs since I moved here to Tn so watch out, the food is all so great up here, it seems all I want to do is try new places, and almost every place up here has hand cut french fries, like HOMEMADE, and thats a big downfall for me, not to mention the best burgers, like Littons

Old 06-26-2008, 10:41 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,582,776 times
Congrats Mysticfire, I am excited for you, I am in the same boat so I'm also gearing up for the move, though I got a couple more months to go.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:48 AM

Thanks, everyone!!

Bethannicastillo--we are moving to W Knoxville (Bearden) temporarily-we're on a 6 month lease

Gailli--Half my problem is I work 44 hours min a week sitting at a computer. By the time I am done with work, I have the 3 boys to take care of and I am just plain pooped...lol I need more energy!!!

RangerDuke08--Congrats on the upcoming move, and welcome to Knoxville!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:02 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Thanks, everyone!!

Bethannicastillo--we are moving to W Knoxville (Bearden) temporarily-we're on a 6 month lease

Gailli--Half my problem is I work 44 hours min a week sitting at a computer. By the time I am done with work, I have the 3 boys to take care of and I am just plain pooped...lol I need more energy!!!

RangerDuke08--Congrats on the upcoming move, and welcome to Knoxville!
Mine is a bad back which prevents me from doing much exercise, in fact, no exerciseI guess I will go back on Adkins, I lost 45 lbs on it a few years ago and kept it off til I moved here(which was over 2 years)At least its a fast diet and you dont have to exercise to lose, and what a bad time to have to eat meat all the time, the cost is astronomical for beef right now, not to mention those stupid bags of salad are up so high

Old 06-28-2008, 09:41 AM

603 posts, read 2,339,762 times
We're doing the same thing. We're moving mid-July. I have a job and my husband doesn't. He's going to have to keep the kids until school starts and then he can find a job. It can be done--I hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville