U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:11 AM

72 posts, read 262,796 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I am getting married in P.F. this October. We live in Michigan but simply fell in love with this area and of course the mountains. So much so that we have decided to wed here. We have family and friends joining us for 4 days. They are also from out of state; some from Michigan, others from Florida and even more from Texas. Being that everyone is from out of town and they are going to have some time to check out the sights and sounds of the area, I thought I would offer them some suggestions.

Shawn and I loved the Ripley's Aquarium and the drive from Gatlinburg to Cherokee through the S. M. National Forest. We also loved the craft district.

Does anyone have any personal favorites they could share with me so we can share with others? Any Fall Festivals or anything like that? We visited when Winterfest began a couple of years ago and we were really impressed with the beauty of all the lights. Do these towns do anything for the celebration of the fall harvest?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 AM

77 posts, read 284,424 times
Dollywood has their fall festival at that time. I just love it. There are great crafts and the food... oh my, is wonderful. They offer great fall dishes. You can still enjoy the rides as well. Also check out this link for events in the area. Events for entire Smoky Mountains - Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Cherokee, Dillsboro, Helen Georgia (http://www.smokymountainarea.com/eventsoct08.html - broken link)

Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 AM

Thanks, tancee! I am surely going to recommend this to my guests.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:15 PM

16,081 posts, read 30,650,632 times
Take a 30 minute drive to Maryville for this: Foothills Fall Festival

Whatever you end up doing, welcome and I hope you have fun!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:34 AM

3,061 posts, read 7,997,886 times
Send them on a drive through Cades Cove.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM

77 posts, read 284,424 times
Oh, I love cades cove. Thats a good idea too. I hope you guys have a great time whatever you decide.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:13 PM
BST

451 posts, read 1,137,007 times
Tickets to the Tennessee v Alabama football game. Almost as many people in Neyland Stadium as The Big House.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:21 PM

29 posts, read 72,747 times
Just plan it well. There is so much to do here that a week cant even cover it. We almost did our wedding here... but I knew some of the people wouldn't kick out the money to travel here...and I wanted them at the wedding so we did it back in Maryland where we were living at the time. Its a great place for a wedding !!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,903,322 times
Ah timing is everything since Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge are pretty much summer tourist places. I've been through there in January, it's like a ghost town then.
But I think you'll be in for a real treat since the leaves turn by then, the mountains are quite a sight during this time.

The Aquarium, Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum, Dollywood (if it's still open but kinda pricey $90 for 2 adult tickets) Cades Cove, Ober Gatlinburg, Klingman's Dome (bring a jacket even in the summertime) are always favorites.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 AM

Default Thanks a million!

I want to thank everyone for all of your help. The wedding and reception was beautiful and everyone had a great time. All of the suggestions were used and all of our guests really got an opportunity to take in the sites. Thanks again!

Jenijoy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville