U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:05 PM

8 posts, read 55,670 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to one of the Knoxville suburbs and was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas about daycare center costs? I have a 26 month-old son who learns everything quickly but is not potty trained.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 AM

77 posts, read 284,568 times
Need more info. It depends on what you are looking for like home day care, day care centers, corporate day care centers. Home day care centers are cheaper, corporate day care centers costs more but, offer great learning curriculums. Other centers fall in between as far as price. It all depends on what your looking for.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:24 AM

8 posts, read 55,670 times
I am looking for a church or corporate daycare center. I don't think my wife would let him stay at someone's home.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 PM

9 posts, read 72,247 times
I have just been hunting for daycare for my 3 years-old. Three that I found in West Knox have a website with prices or you can call

Tuition Schedule for Morning Star (http://www.morningstarchild.com/tuition.html - broken link)
Nanny's Page - Tuition
Westland children's Academy chould cost more or less the same
I know there are other daycares in the area 'Le Petit Academy" Kindercare Learning Center etc, and I believe that they are cheaper
Tuition at Tackhston School (near UT) is about $650 a month (full time) but it does not include meals or school supplies. DM me if you would like to talk some more about this

Old 07-02-2008, 03:11 PM

77 posts, read 284,568 times
I recommend to try Lapetite Academy and kindercare. They have websites so you can find a center nearby.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:31 PM

603 posts, read 2,252,152 times
Default Haras601, is it okay if I ask my daycare question on your thread?

We'll be living off Merchants Drive/Inskip area and need preschool for my son and afterschool-care for my daughter. Does anyone have any thoughts on the following daycare facilities:
* Kindercare on Merchant's Road
* Kids First Learning Center
* Wallace Memorial Baptist Church Childcare
(i'm looking for cost information, opinions on facilities, a curriculum that will prepare my 4 year old for kindergarten, and a facility that has after school care with pickup at Inskip Elementary).

I hope I didn't break any forum rules, but coming from out of state, I will appreciate any help. You may DM me if necessary.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:06 PM

22,583 posts, read 51,722,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charz View Post
We'll be living off Merchants Drive/Inskip area and need preschool for my son and afterschool-care for my daughter. Does anyone have any thoughts on the following daycare facilities:
* Kindercare on Merchant's Road
* Kids First Learning Center
* Wallace Memorial Baptist Church Childcare
(i'm looking for cost information, opinions on facilities, a curriculum that will prepare my 4 year old for kindergarten, and a facility that has after school care with pickup at Inskip Elementary).

I hope I didn't break any forum rules, but coming from out of state, I will appreciate any help. You may DM me if necessary.

wow. My dilemma is similar to yours. I can't find after-school care for my daughter at Sterchi Elementary. Her previous school - Copper Ridge - had after-school care and a bus that picked her up and brought her to Boy's and Girl's Club.

I have searched for Kid's First. I mean I have literally driven around and can't find it. I have some misgivings with Wallace. I think my husband is going to pick her up and bring her home until I get there. I get out of work at 3 p.m.

Right now, we are driving her to Boy's and Girl's Club in Powell, which is fine, but that will not work when school starts.

I would love feedback, also.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:52 AM

22,583 posts, read 51,722,265 times
Update!

I dropped my daughter off at Boy's & Girl's Club today, and talked to the director. They DO pick up at Sterchi! Charz, at the time, I was thinking that your child was going to Sterchi also, so I was so excited to give you the news. However, I now realize you are looking for Inskip. They are pretty close, so they make pick up at Inskip, too. I could ask them.

Powell Boy's & Girl's Club is a phenomenal place. It's $50 a week for after-school care and $75 during the summer and vacation weeks. For an additional fee you can choose field trips. Our daughter is going to The World's Fair Park, then to The Marble Slab Creamery and I think the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.

Everybody brings their kids there. We see cops, detectives, nurses, etc. I've seen a KUB truck drop off a child. The UPS guy was dropping off his kid today!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:51 PM

603 posts, read 2,252,152 times
Thanks! I'd prefer a place where my son could go to preschool and I could pick up my daughter after school at the same time. At least I know that if I can't find such a place, the Powell Boys and Girls club is an option.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 PM
PJ2

3 posts, read 23,049 times
What is a fair rate for one-on-one afterschool care? My daughter, a UT Family Studies senior has been approached about picking up a child everyday at an elementary school ( 3 miles away) and watching her at our home until the parent arrives from work after 6 PM. Thanks for any input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville