Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 05:20 PM

9 posts, read 26,059 times

Advertisements

Hey

Can someone give some information about oak Ridge TN? i mean what kind of city and about apartments and about all other subjects?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 10:20 PM

187 posts, read 460,368 times
I personally wouldn't live in Oak Ridge...Oak Ridge is mostly a place where people work not live....It's pretty boring there and far as apartments there goes..There really isn't any there that i would wanna live at...That i've seen anyways.......Theres alot of drug related crimes there as well...Mostly pill heads robbing people and what not looking for oxy's...Oak Ridge has a huge Oxy pill head problem and population...But thats just my two cents...Oak Ridge is a great place to work tho

Old 05-22-2010, 11:13 PM

thanks hondaguy83

well what about grocery centers ,apartments and life ?i mean the life is expensive if you compare with kingsport or Johnson city ?can i find apartment easly?

Thanks.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:24 AM

Theres plenty of Grocery stores in Oak Ridge...Thats about all there is there really far as shopping goes...Theres a Food City,Kroger,Food Lion,And of course a Walmart supercenter...I don't really know about all the apartments thats there...I just know if someone brings up the word "Scarboro" or the world "Valley" in the same sentence as Oak Ridge,Then thats a no go...If you really wanted and had to find an Apt in Oak Ridge..I would just go to an Apt finder website of some source and search for Apts in Oak Ridge and read all the reviews to see which ones are good and bad...Thats usually what i do if i'm going to a place where i know little to nothing about...I used to work in Oak Ridge tho,And personally theres nothing really nice about Oak Ridge other than the lakefront area there

Old 05-23-2010, 10:42 AM

207 posts, read 643,143 times
If you are primarily interested in working in Oak Ridge, then it is an option to live in West Knoxville and commute. The shortest commutes will be the areas along the Pellissippi Parkway / I140 (Hardin Valley, Lovell Rd, etc.) There is a massive amount of shopping in the Turkey Creek area. If you start going east down Interstate 40 from 140, then you will hit the other sections of West Knoxville that have a lot of apartment complexes. There are many near Cedar Bluff Rd, for example.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:46 AM

745 posts, read 1,719,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy83 View Post
And personally theres nothing really nice about Oak Ridge other than the lakefront area there
Many would disagree with your assessment, including those of us who don't live there, but find the city to be clean with lots of amenities for a city of its size.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:58 PM

Thanks guys.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM

For a city its size? Oak Ridge isn't even a city in my opinion...Its a town,And a joke at best...Other than good places to work there..No one would ever go to Oak Ridge probably...For a town its size...It has alot of crime...I know theres been atleast 4 or 5 murders there this year alone...My neighbors now used to live in OR and they moved out cause of all the petty drug related crime that goes on there...I have a friend i've known since high school that has lived there for 2 years now and he wants out cause him and his neighbors cars have been broken into more than once....Most of the neighborhoods outside of the lakefront area in OR are trashy and dirty...Just drive thru on any road behind the hospital and see if it don't remind you of East Knox just a lil bit...Personally i'd stay in Clinton or Karns if i had to be near OR

Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 AM

745 posts, read 1,719,139 times
Quote:
For a city its size? Oak Ridge isn't even a city in my opinion...Its a town,And a joke at best...Other than good places to work there..No one would ever go to Oak Ridge probably...For a town its size...It has alot of crime...I know theres been atleast 4 or 5 murders there this year alone...My neighbors now used to live in OR and they moved out cause of all the petty drug related crime that goes on there...I have a friend i've known since high school that has lived there for 2 years now and he wants out cause him and his neighbors cars have been broken into more than once....Most of the neighborhoods outside of the lakefront area in OR are trashy and dirty...Just drive thru on any road behind the hospital and see if it don't remind you of East Knox just a lil bit...Personally i'd stay in Clinton or Karns if i had to be near OR
As I noted earlier, your opinion isn't shared by everyone. Your bias is very clear. As for a city, OR is in fact a city, population 27-30K. The poster will just have to visit and make their own "objective" decision.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:04 AM

309 posts, read 1,210,543 times
Default Stores

Quote:
GREETINGS,
Can you tell me if Hammers Clothing and Variety store is still there?
BE BLESSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville