Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 9,002 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to a job in Clinton, TN and need to find an apartment within 20 miles. I would like something in a quiet complex, 2 bedroom, newer and a little upscale. I don't want to be in college housing in Knoxville. Any suggestions on what might be the place to look would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 03:09 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
There are several complexes in Clinton. It's an easy commute form there to Oak Ridge or even to Knoxville.
I looked at this one a couple of years ago. Seemed nice but didn't allow pets.
Carriage Hill & Carriage Trace - apartments in relaxed friendly environment in Clinton, Tennessee
I doubt you'll run into many college kids up there. It's about a 40 minute drive to UT.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM

5 posts, read 18,439 times
Since you say you're willing to consider something within 20 miles of Clinton, you could live in Oak Ridge, which is about 8 miles from Clinton. It is a straight drive from Oak Ridge into Clinton on a very good highway and just takes a few minutes. Oak Ridge has a new upscale apartment complex that just started renting called Bristol Park. Apartment Information for Pet Friendly Bristol Park (http://www.peoplewithpets.com/states/apartmentdetail.asp?apartment=1496 - broken link) They are the newest, nicest apartments within 20 miles of Clinton. I've lived in the Clinton/Oak Ridge area all my life. It's a nice quiet place, yet convenient to Knoxville and the Smoky Mountains and lots of lakes.

Last edited by Debbieintn; 09-12-2007 at 11:01 AM..

Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 AM

3 posts, read 10,064 times
How would you compare Clinton vs Oak Ridge for a family relocating to the area with 6th and 10th graders?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,778,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn5430 View Post
How would you compare Clinton vs Oak Ridge for a family relocating to the area with 6th and 10th graders?
Oak Ridge schools are hands-down the best in the area (IMO). Oak Ridge's demographic is older, however.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 PM

75 posts, read 226,494 times
I toured the Oak Ridge high school before moving here. Very impressive.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 PM

5 posts, read 18,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn5430 View Post
The schools in Oak Ridge are excellent.

Oak Ridge and Clinton are both quiet, pretty places to live. Everybody's really friendly.

One negative thing about Clinton and Oak Ridge, with having kids that age, is that there isn't much to do in either place. Oak Ridge has a bowling alley. They each have a movie theater and that's about it. I've lived here all my life and the thing I didn't like about growing up here was that there wasn't anything to do, unless you want to go to the lake. You have to go to Knoxville to do any shopping or entertainment. Luckily, that's only about a 30 minute drive.

The larger restaurants in Oak Ridge are Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Outback, Red Lobster, and Shoney's. There are a lot of chinese and mexican places. The rest is fast food. Clinton has a small chinese restaurant, a couple of small family restaurants, and the rest is fast food. There is a Shoney's next to I-75, at the very far end of town.

There is an AWESOME new shopping area called Turkey Creek in West Knoxville that isn't far from Oak Ridge. Lots of great stores and restaurants. Turkey Creek Knoxville also has a nice zoo. The Knoxville Zoo

On the weekends we would go up to the mountains and Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville a lot. That's about an hour to an hour and a half drive. LOTS of shopping and things to do up there.

One thing coming up here in a week or two is neat - people come from all over the country for the fall homecoming at the Museum of Appalachia in Norris. http://www.museumofappalachia.org/
Tennessee Fall Homecoming.htm (http://www.museumofappalachia.org/Tennessee_Fall_Homecoming.htm - broken link)

You can tell I have lots of links to stuff from cities all around here. Lots of places in Gatlinburg, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and more, if anyone is interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville