Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:19 PM

235 posts, read 773,833 times

Advertisements

Morristown,whats it like,how big is the town,whats the houses like,schools,its not in the mnts?Would you live there or some where else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 AM

7,305 posts, read 28,216,536 times
//www.city-data.com/city/Morristown-Tennessee.html

I have not been there in awhile, but its a neat little town. No, its not really in the mountains, but not to far of a drive from them.

I also know that the NWS (National Weather Service office) for this region is located in Morristown. I have been there several times.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:47 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,388,019 times
Hey Southernfried, Morristown was my home as a young adult, and moved away for work in 1973, but visit often, as still have family there. Population is around 25,000 and county is Hamblen, and basically 2 high schools, East and West. Morristown is known for its downtown overhead sidewalks, that work great for Santa parades and such, but never did develop the upper level for stores and etc. It has the Cherokee lake, and not a whole lot of night life, or entertainment, but a few good places to eat, and is only about 60 miles to Knoxville or an hour away. Several woodworking manufactures in town, Berkline, Lazyboy, and several others. A great little town, and one day, would consider a move back, if not for the family here now, such as grandsons and granddaughters. Lots of nice places to live, in all price ranges, and all the schools are rated good, for the most part.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:28 PM

235 posts, read 773,833 times
Thanks !!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:48 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,779,182 times
This is only my opinion...Morristown is a very industrial "spot" in the middle of tobacco fields. One of the major industries is a chicken processing plant. I would recommend another large town/small city as opposed to Morristown. Maryville, Alcoa, even Oak Ridge before Morristown. Again, just my opinion.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:10 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,216,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitties of Domination View Post
I would recommend another large town/small city as opposed to Morristown. Maryville, Alcoa, even Oak Ridge before Morristown. Again, just my opinion.
What about Greeneville or Rogersville?

Old 12-08-2008, 11:23 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
What about Greeneville or Rogersville?
I would definitely recommend Greeneville over Morristown. Rogersville is considerably smaller so I wouldn't really compare it to Morristown. But I do agere with Kitties, I think there are a lot of nicer towns than Morristown in our area. In NE TN I would also recommend Kingsport, Johnson City, and Elizabethton long before I would ever recommend Morristown.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:00 AM

391 posts, read 1,358,880 times
Quote:
In NE TN I would also recommend Kingsport, Johnson City, and Elizabethton long before I would ever recommend Morristown.
I agree completely. Tri-cities area has a lot more to offer as far as restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and each city is easily accessed from each other. Plus, they're only 45 minutes to good skiing and mountain activities in NC. I also agree with Kitties, there are alot of industrial and manufacturing plants in the area, as opposed to more retail. However, if this is your line of work, there will likely be many options.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:02 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,779,182 times
However, if you have never been to an actual tobacco auction, one of the largest in TN is in Morristown. NE TN remains the state's primary burley tobacco producer. This area was a large producer at one time. My stepfather remembers when posh Farragut was an alternating grid of corn, tobacco, and livestock Don't ask me why I know all of this...

Old 12-12-2008, 09:55 AM

391 posts, read 1,358,880 times
Quote:
My stepfather remembers when posh Farragut was an alternating grid of corn, tobacco, and livestock Don't ask me why I know all of this...
Farragut has definitely changed for sure. One of my friend's parents used to own about 15 acres in the Turkey Creek dev area that they used for hunting grounds way back when. How mad are they now they sold it in the 70's!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville