Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2021, 07:04 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
It sounds like that would be permissible under the blue book section I quoted, since it would blend with the rest of the residence. FFG is not far away, so if you can't find a contractor in TV, maybe the contractor from FFG would be willing to travel. I would get some phots of the FFG homes and garages, and show them to whomever your desired builder is in TV and see if they can replicate before presenting plans to the POA.
As long as it's not over 10 feet tall that is. I was just thinking that some RV's are definitely taller than that. Most people here just store them offsite since they can't park them outside over 7 days, and the lots here are small anyway, so a large RV would take up significant space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 10:47 AM

4 posts, read 5,916 times
Default Renting a place in TV for 3 months in the fall

I have been reading a lot very informative post from THE SHADOW. We have rented a townhome in TV for 3 months in the fall to get to know the area. We are from MD and do a lot of Chesapeake Beach boating during the summer, interested how is the lake boating. We have perused all of the active clubs in TV and so far we are impressed with the active life there.We do not know how to privately contact the Shadow when we get to TV and pick his brain some more. I was very impressed with the advise about the sewer stations. We pass by one sometimes and and the stench is horrible. We go to Pa a lot ,Lancaster, and we are very familiar with the manure stench. I guess that is why some lot are just sitting on the realtor website.We have read that the HOA still owns a lot of lots in the middle of TV. Is there any way we can find out where those lots are and if the association is releasing the them. The Shadow,
when you travel around and see new construction goin up do you see any name of builders that are popping more that some other? Thanks

Old 04-25-2021, 02:17 PM

18 posts, read 21,306 times
You can send a private message to The Shadow. She will reply.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:07 PM

My problem is that I cannot find the private message link

Old 04-25-2021, 07:14 PM

Testing a private message to the shadow from trashman3 do not know how private messaging works

Old 04-25-2021, 07:16 PM

Perhaps the shadow could contact us as I see direct message on my link. Thanks. RS

Old 04-26-2021, 06:07 AM

230 posts, read 189,082 times
Find a post where The Shadow has posted and hold the mouse arrow over her name. Had lunch with her once she is a very nice person.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:34 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Hi Trashman,
The Lake is great for boating. Although some people use the lake year round, the boating season starts in earnest in May. The water warms up enough by late May to be swimmable. The lake, as you can see on the map, is long and narrow. There are many coves to anchor up and swim. There are lots of folks who use jet skis and wave runners, as well as water skiers and, of course, fishermen/women. You can join the Cruising Club if you are interested in meeting other boaters and enjoy tying up together for a raft-up. They schedule boat outings almost every week in the summer months.

You can contact the POA directly regarding available lots through the POA website or by calling them. www.tvpoa.org is the website. The phone number is on there, down at the bottom of the page. You can click on "Become a resident" up top of the page to see the link to builders. We are seeing a ton of homes built by Cook Bros, Mashburn, Bishop, Lake Point, Precision, and more. All are reputable builders and have built in TV before and know the requirements of the POA as far as design, etc.

Feel free to DM me. Just put click on my name at the top of one of my posts, and click on the direct message link.

Old 05-01-2021, 04:24 PM

455 posts, read 669,506 times
Loved boating on Tellico Lake when we lived there. Goes on and on for miles with beautiful scenery. Not crowded at all and you can always find a spot to pull off and jump in for a swim. I particularly loved using my waverunner on the lake. Being on the water was my favorite part of living in Tellico Village. That and the beautiful sunrises over the lake.

Old 07-10-2021, 09:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,910 times
Coming down to visit TV and FFG in early August. I have tours set up and am meeting with realtors as well. While the real estate market market is still a bit too crazy for me, we want to look at the area and check it out. We had planned on exploring locations early last year, but, Covid changed all of that. Unfortunately, when I first started looking at TV back in late 2019, home prices were much more reasonable than today. It's great for those selling that they can look at asking, and possibly getting 30-50% more for their home today than just 18 months ago. It's not so great for those looking to buy and I'm a bit concerned of the prices and end up over paying in an inflated market. We're in no rush to relocate and can wait for things to settle down a bit. We're looking forward to our visit to the area and hope to get a good feel for what TV and the area has to offer.

Last edited by brittel57; 07-10-2021 at 09:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville