Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2023, 05:25 PM

3 posts, read 2,864 times

Advertisements

Currently have identified Norris for walk-ability to hiking/trails from the residential houses. I do not really see this available to many neighborhoods in all of the Knoxville metro besides South Knoxville (bit far to ORNL)

Farragut has some green ways and parks that are walk-able for certain neighborhoods but it doesn't really seem anywhere is walk-able to concord park except for Concord itself.

I feel like access to nature for Knoxville people means 1 hour driving but maybe I am wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 08:03 AM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
Why not live in Oak Ridge? The Cedar Hill Greenway winds behind some of the older areas and you are walkable to commercial amenities. If you want a newer/ bigger house choose one near haw Ridge and you will be near the river as well. For more wilderness experience there's a greenway running all along the northern slope.

How can you say Knoxville is an hour away from wilderness when we are 20 minutes from Norris? Just a little further to House Mountain, and South Knoxville is less than 30 minutes from most of Knoxville unless there's a traffic jam.

Old 10-06-2023, 02:12 PM

420 posts, read 1,534,536 times
I agree that Oak Ridge offers a lot of nice greenways that are easy to access from residential areas, plus convenience for work/basic shopping.

Knoxville also has its share of greenways. Check out https://www.visitknoxville.com/thing...ils-greenways/

BTW, if you are working at the lab there are also trails there.

Old 10-21-2023, 05:54 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedmont View Post
I agree that Oak Ridge offers a lot of nice greenways that are easy to access from residential areas, plus convenience for work/basic shopping.

Knoxville also has its share of greenways. Check out https://www.visitknoxville.com/thing...ils-greenways/

BTW, if you are working at the lab there are also trails there.
I agree with this. Frozen Head State Park in Wartburg is maybe 20-30 minutes away, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville