U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,709 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what is going on in these subdivisions?

I live in one & they have uprooted all of the signs that say "Landview" even the homes that are still for sale. Additionally, I e-mailed our contact about a week ago regarding our punch list, but have not received any response.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 12:41 PM

391 posts, read 1,254,046 times
lala,

Unfortunately, we've seen a lot of companies close shop in the last 6 months because they haven't been able to make ends meat. I checked all listings for Landview, with the 3 different agents they have listed, and apparently all listings are either expired, withdrawn, or closed, meaning I could not find any active lisitngs. This may or may not mean they are still operating. They are still listed as an active company for what its worth. I left a message on their business machine after several calls, so will see if I can get a response and will let you know if I run across any good contact numbers for you.

From here, if you still have punchlist concerns, you can go a few different routes. You can contact Helen Carter at the Knoxville Assoc. of Realtors, at 584-8647 ext. 6. However, I did speak with her about this and she had no idea or news of them closing shop. Your best bet is going to be to contact Katherine Lewis, at the Knoxville Home Builders Assoc. Her contact number is 546-4665. Both names listed are public numbers, and the public and professional contact for inquiries regarding our business field. If they have closed their realty office, but still operating as a builder, she'll inform you. Also, she may have news of their current state of affairs. In any case, best of luck and let me know if I can be any more help to you in tracking something down.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:45 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,161,618 times
Ditto, as Williamsold has said, good luck, and I have worked closely a couple times with sells in there, and I will check with the onsite agent and get you the real skinny.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:18 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,161,618 times
Hey Lala.miimi12, I have checked and talked to one of the active agents, and yes they did close down the Real estate side, and the one I talked with, took all the remaining listings with her, to another company. Landview Const, is still going, and plans on building more, when times are somewhat better. As far as you needing work done, they still have a great repair person, in fact, I have used John, and he is great, but I understand he is busy and backed up. So do not give up, and they will honor your request and get your punch list handled. I will send you a dm, once I have his number.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
Default Do your homework!

As a resident of one of the Landview communities in the Knoxville area, I urge you to talk to the people living in the community you are interested in. Ask them about the quality of construction, the responsiveness to your concerns, and the general upkeep and conditions of the community (this should be obvious in a drive-by) in general. Construction debris with no active construction, trash, overgrown lots, etc. could be a warning sign.

If you decide to purchase, HOLD money in an escrow for MAJOR work that needs to be done after settlement so they have a reason to work WITH you to ensure YOUR satisfaction. Or if possible, delay your settlement until everything is completed as promised.

And ALWAYS rely on an expert to look out for YOUR best interests. Use a buyer's broker (don't rely on the salesperson to look out for you), insist on a home inspection (even if new construction) and always, always, always do lots of research before you make what could be the largest purchase in your lifetime.

Landview offers a nice product for the price but you have to be an active player in the home-buying process!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville