Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 01:38 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times

Advertisements

LOL! It's gonna be okay, hik. *hug*

Besides, you should go look at the Tri-Cities chat thread. Don't even bother, actually.

Next week is the last Sundown, I think. But it's my birthday, too! Don't get me wrong, I can get plastered in Knoxville, but getting home... I have friends I could stay with, but my entourage might not be so welcome... lolol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 06:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post

Besides, you should go look at the Tri-Cities chat thread. Don't even bother, actually.

Next week is the last Sundown, I think. But it's my birthday, too! Don't get me wrong, I can get plastered in Knoxville, but getting home... I have friends I could stay with, but my entourage might not be so welcome... lolol.
You could stay with me but you might come in late and scare my family! We go to bed at old fart hours.

As far as I know, it is the last Sundown. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How old will you be?

What? You don't want to celebrate in the ever-so-exciting Tri-Cities?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:

Oh! I just looked! I was going to say, "Whatever are you talking about? They are chatting, telling funny stories" and then I saw what you meant. OH MY WORD. I wonder if it is like that in all fifty states?

Old 06-19-2009, 10:57 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
<g> I hope not, but probably...

As for celebrating in the Tri-Cities: a big lol. I'll be 21!!!!!!! The best place to go is Cheddar's. (They have really good margaritas! I've stolen sips haha.) The clubs are grungy and the people in there are scary, redneck and/or artclub emo-whiney. Okay, the exception is the Down Home.

I guess I'm just used to the Knoxville party scene, where the people are generally beautiful, well-dressed and know how to have a hell of a good time, but so far Johnson City's nightlife has left something to be desired. It's even worse for adult professionals and thirtysomethings.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm afraid I'd scare Lauren. And everyone else. I plan to not remember my 21st birthday.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
<g> I hope not, but probably...

As for celebrating in the Tri-Cities: a big lol. I'll be 21!!!!!!! The best place to go is Cheddar's. (They have really good margaritas! I've stolen sips haha.) The clubs are grungy and the people in there are scary, redneck and/or artclub emo-whiney. Okay, the exception is the Down Home.

I guess I'm just used to the Knoxville party scene, where the people are generally beautiful, well-dressed and know how to have a hell of a good time, but so far Johnson City's nightlife has left something to be desired. It's even worse for adult professionals and thirtysomethings.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm afraid I'd scare Lauren. And everyone else. I plan to not remember my 21st birthday.
You're a doll for remembering my daughter's name.

If it weren't for her, well, my husband and I would love seeing you and your friends. Seriously. We're too old to go out anymore and it would be a lot of fun!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:18 AM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That's too funny! Actually, I have fairly long hair. Past my shoulders. I REALLY need to get it cut. Most people don't know that because I always keep it up. I got into that bad habit from living in Florida. I stopped wearing makeup when I lived there, too. Just too darn hot!
I just got my hair cut yesteday; the length is at my neck now and she chopped off 6 inches! I was getting so hot and pulling my hair up in a clip almost everyday; it had a short appearance anyway. Oh well, it will grow back if I can't acclimate to it.

Makeup? I use a tinted moisturizer and powder makeup. I don't like the heat either but I also can't go around scaring people! LOL

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Quote:
That's good to hear! Glad you liked it!

It's nice to actually chat about Knoxville in the "Knoxville Chat Thread" to someone that has actually lived here, wants to live here, visited or lives here now. I think that's what this thread is suppose to be for.

The last couple of months I couldn't really tell.

And yes, I am purposefully being cranky because I've pretty much had it. This thread is dying and I think that's the problem.
The whole point to having city chat threads is that so those who live in that city/wants to live in that city etc. can just chat randomly with others who live in that city/visited that city etc with out having to have an exact topic.
The chat threads were created because everyone was getting so upset that the mods were required to delete/move anything that was off topic of a certain thread or wasn't directly related to the city the thread was in, while trying to keep these city forums organized so people looking for info could get the info (of course without all the adds/spam and crud) without the subject changing all the time.
The chat threads can be for letting your neighbors know what local events are coming up in your area, getting to know your neighbors,who's birthday it is, sharing family milestones, who locally likes dogs as much as you do, who shops where and for what, how/when you put in a garden or what ever. That is the point, it doesn't have to have a point, just people being friendly with other people. People get friendly on internet forums no matter where they live and like to talk with each other when they find that connection to other like minded folks.
Some cities utilize the chat thread a lot, some don't, it really isn't a competition, it's all good.
I guess I am a bit cranky too because it seems like these days no matter how hard this site tries to be what everyone wants and needs as far as information sharing and such, someone is always complaining about what it is not.
As Abe Lincoln said: "You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time."

Old 06-21-2009, 10:24 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
Quote:
The best place to go is Cheddar's. (They have really good margaritas! I've stolen sips haha.) The clubs are grungy and the people in there are scary, redneck and/or artclub emo-whiney. Okay, the exception is the Down Home.

I check in on the Knoxville & TN threads even though I don't post often. In my heart of hearts, I know TN is where I am meant to be, so I have my eye and goal on that "prize". I like this thread because it often mentions things like jabogitlu's post above, or the local parade and floats, etc.

I have been making a mental checklist of things to do & see when next I make it down. Checking out Knoxville at night, and spending more time in the tri-cities area, are just two. Oh yeah, and I'm going to try Litton's & the Red Velvet cake....I am dragging Pam along whether she protests or not!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:17 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
Quote:
It's nice to actually chat about Knoxville in the "Knoxville Chat Thread" to someone that has actually lived here, wants to live here, visited or lives here now. I think that's what this thread is suppose to be for.

The last couple of months I couldn't really tell.

And yes, I am purposefully being cranky because I've pretty much had it. This thread is dying and I think that's the problem.

Geeee, this thread is the only one in the TN forums to post without being off topic..........there is no topic....

Yes it's been slow for awhile....after a long winter, people are out and about doing their thing. Some members have moved on, new members will join in at some point.
Heck in my retirement, Mrs.B has been trying to turn me into a farmer.... I want to relax, spend more time on CD, fish and hunt, not work in the garden fighting rain, bugs, weeds and now the critters are moving in for the buffet....

Old 06-21-2009, 11:27 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
You mean you don't like being a gentleman farmer???? LOL Happy Fathers day Bones.
Pam

Piperspal- You can drag me to Littons anytime for RVC....I will not resist or put up a fight....:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Geeee, this thread is the only one in the TN forums to post without being off topic..........there is no topic....

Yes it's been slow for awhile....after a long winter, people are out and about doing their thing. Some members have moved on, new members will join in at some point.
Heck in my retirement, Mrs.B has been trying to turn me into a farmer.... I want to relax, spend more time on CD, fish and hunt, not work in the garden fighting rain, bugs, weeds and now the critters are moving in for the buffet....

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 06-21-2009 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: additional thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville