Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 AM

40 posts, read 141,320 times

Advertisements

I can't believe how fast this month is going, I just realized that this weekend is Memorial Day. I was wondering if anything went on around the area to celebrate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 AM

391 posts, read 1,358,880 times
Rockin' the Docks is always fun....It's located at Lenoir City park/Fort Loudon lake. There's a floating stage with 3-4 bands that play, a lot of food, and a huge fireworks show usually at 10 PM. We take our boat and tie up with 10-20 other boats, there's usually a couple hundred boats out, and everyone is really friendly. You can also of course watch from the bank. This year is the 23rd, and there's also one on July 4th. Alcohol is prohibited in the park, but fair game and a requirement for many boats, as long as you're not acting up, there's always about 20 TWRA boats patroling around to make sure no one is acting up...

Rockin' the Docks: Memorial Day Celebration and Fireworks Display, Lenoir City TN

Old 05-19-2009, 10:29 AM

11 posts, read 79,215 times
This Sunday there is a concert at the Worlds Fair Park Amphitheater that sounds like it might be fun - the "5th Annual Bob Dylan Birthday Bash" put on by (my absolute favorite) local radio station WDVX. Lots of local bands - starts at 2pm.

Fifth annual Bob Dylan Birthday Bash

(hope I did the link right)

Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 AM

391 posts, read 1,358,880 times
23..thanks for the link...I love me some WDVX and most everything they put on. I'll definitely have to check this one out!

Old 05-19-2009, 04:51 PM

You welcome - I am glad the link worked...

For my tastes WDVX has got to be the best radio station in the US. When we first visited Knoxville we wandered into the visitors center down on Gay St. at just about noon and that was when we first became aware of WDVX. Now it's on in our house from the time we wake up...

The fireworks sound like a lot of fun. I think that we will go check that out this weekend if we can. We're closing on our house next Tuesday and things are kinda piling up

Old 05-19-2009, 05:26 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23cricket View Post
You welcome - I am glad the link worked...

For my tastes WDVX has got to be the best radio station in the US. When we first visited Knoxville we wandered into the visitors center down on Gay St. at just about noon and that was when we first became aware of WDVX. Now it's on in our house from the time we wake up...

The fireworks sound like a lot of fun. I think that we will go check that out this weekend if we can. We're closing on our house next Tuesday and things are kinda piling up
Congrats on your house! You must be so excited!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 PM

Thanks! We are pretty happy about it.

Hopefully we will be able to find some time for fun this weekend as next week will probably be a bit intense

Do lots of folks go camping around here for Memorial Day weekend? Back where I grew up (Colorado) this was the first "official" camping weekend of the summer.

~D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville